I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
K20 v-tec = foot down
R18 v-tec = foot up

Hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
There could be other things going on at 5k that is not attributed to the cam profiles (that happen lower down).

Timings etc.

The top and bottom of it is that the engine is typically Honda NA: you have to be comfortable revving it well up towards the redline to get the performance.

Most owners will never do that, and never even touch the surface of what the real performance is. Others that have tried it don't bother either, and walk away pronouncing it 'gutless'.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Hopefully TDiN will be developing a norm/high cam to replace the eco/norm cam. I suspect the limiting factors will be what the ECU allows and what the bottom end will take, but if they pull it off it'll transform the character of the R18 :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hopefully TDiN will be developing a norm/high cam to replace the eco/norm cam. I suspect the limiting factors will be what the ECU allows and what the bottom end will take, but if they pull it off it'll transform the character of the R18 :cool:

Is this a possibility?

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
I have no idea, but where there's a will there's a way :) and TDiN have just decided they have the will. I can't see why not. You're only changing the cam profiles. As long as the ECU allows control of fuel, Vtec and intake cam advance. If not, swap ECU's :cool:

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
I have no idea, but where there's a will there's a way :) and TDiN have just decided they have the will. I can't see why not. You're only changing the cam profiles. As long as the ECU allows control of fuel, Vtec and intake cam advance. If not, swap ECU's :cool:
Im not one for modding my car but a type r style cam on my 1.8...... ooooo im interested.

sent from fraggle rock.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
BTW I'm not saying they are doing cams. But they are looking in to getting a bit more serious with the R18. Cams seem a good way to go to me :)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
It is about time someone did more for you guys. The market is obviously there ;)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Yes... Because even though its not a k20, people forget, it's still a very high performing strong engine compared to equivalent engines.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts