2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found this 'aha' logo in the car infotainment screens today and seemingly it works via 'HondaLink' - which I downloaded on to my iPhone.

I'm just curious really - how it works and what it offers. I am confused as one source seems to suggest you need some extra hardware adding by the dealer to the car for it to work?

When I fire it up in the car is declares the OS needs updating or something... The app seems to work on the phone and one cool thing was when it pulled in my amazon music purchases which it would be nice to access (although I am guessing all this is live and going to consume data on the phone contract)?

Any pointers?

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Assuming you have a mobile data plan on your phone, then connect the phone via USB and that's all that is required to get aha to work.
Personally I prefer to use Spotify via Android Auto.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Or if your phone supports CarPlay or Android Auto - just use a supported internet radio app via one of those platforms.

I sometimes use TuneIn Radio via CarPlay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I guess the warning about hardware compatibility is cos an iPod was plugged into a USB (not the phone - it is connected by bluetooth however).

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
6 Posts
I mostly use Spotify, but I find Aha has some good playlists and there is no cost. As per previous reply, you need to tether your phone as a wi-fi source for Aha to work. you need to create an Aha account as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had aha in my 2016 civic, from what I remember it wasn’t anything special, I ended up installing a load of apps instead (Spotify, waze etc), it was a bit of a ball ache.

If it’s just for music might be easier to play via Bluetooth, also if you’ve got hefty updates and worried about smashing your data allowance you should be able to connect to your home WiFi (or work..).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts