2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Milano Red 07 Civic Type R GT, 14K miles spotless car.
Magnex stainless exhaust fitted also standard one available.
Honda serviced, our lass uses it more than I do.

Cheers
Terry

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)

Hi, yeah I have no idea what is worth and was wondering what I should ask for it if i choose to sell it now,

Regards

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for the link, but that gives the part exchange price, I would think its worth more in a private sale ??

Cheers
Terry

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Its worth a hell of a lot less than you think.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh mind reader !

Thanks for that but how do you know what Im expecting ?? I'm looking for some constructive advise.

Kind regards

Terry

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would think its worth more in a private sale ??

Cheers
Terry
Maybe maybe not. The big advantage about selling privately is you know exactly what your getting. IMO if you do a trade in, what you get for one could be added to the other if you know what I mean.
In other words if you sell your car privately and then go to a dealer and wave some cash under his nose you might actually get a better deal.

I have to admit I have always bought privately over the years so I don't know if that really is the case.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Terry H,

It's fairly easy to value.... What would you pay if you wanted a one year old R now?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Hi there,

I am looking for exactly that car at the moment, and from what i have been seeing out there on the market i would not pay anymore than £12,500. I have seen a few Mint condition ones from dealers with 14K on the clock and they are selling for £11,995.

It is scary how much the prices have dropped lately, nearly cried when I got a part ex price on mine!

Hope this helps?

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
umm

Ill be honest with the magnex exhaust I was hoping for £13k, Im going to get intouch with honda and get the 3rd gear modification done, not that its that bad, Then I can sell the car in good faith that its 100% right for the next owner.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Option B

Plan B, Well if it ment losing to much money I would consider getting the 3rd gear sorted get some brakes on it then a supercharger. Im guessing you can get a deal on one somewhere.

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Ill be honest with the magnex exhaust I was hoping for £13k, Im going to get intouch with honda and get the 3rd gear modification done, not that its that bad, Then I can sell the car in good faith that its 100% right for the next owner.
you dont make your money back on mods when selling a car (unless your very lucky and sell too an enthusiast who appreciates it) - put it back to standard and sell the magnex seperate.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
losing out

Yeah I know all about losing money on tuning parts,, racing motorbikes for 10 years teaches you all about that :( saying that the pipe will only be worth £200 anyway,, but it does sound very nice.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Terry H..... Right now for whatever reason aint the time to sell any sort of car .....Its a buyers market same with properties ...You want a sale ya gotta take a painful loss man .....Markets and conditions dictate ...Not you ...Just the way it is ...ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

1 - 20 of 24 Posts