2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at some alloys for my ctr but dont understand the offsets :(

Ive seen allsorts from 20 to 55 but have no idea what the numbers mean , i am looking for 18" wheels that i can swap my tyres onto and i have lowered 15mm with eibach springs

Any help and advice is appreciated

·
Registered
43 Posts
Offset is basically the distance between the fitment face of the wheel and the centreline of the wheel (looking from the front of the car backwards). If the offset is to small then your wheels will stick out of the arches, and if it is too big then the wheels/tyres will rub on the inner arches. Im not sure what the civic fitment is, but i hope this is enough to understand what you are looking for :)

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
The standard type r wheels have a et55 which is an offset of 55mm.
If you buy alloys which are et40 it will give the equivilent look of adding 15mm spacers to the standard alloys if you get my drift.

Reactions: rowbo

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Don't worry about the offset if your just worrying about your tyres fitting. Oem wheels are 18x7.5 and Our tyres will definitely fit 18x8 but not 100% sure about 18x8.5

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The standard type r wheels have a et55 which is an offset of 55mm.
If you buy alloys which are et40 it will give the equivilent look of adding 15mm spacers to the standard alloys if you get my drift.
awesome :D thats what i had hoped for , i was looking at spacers but this saves me buying them

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Filling the arches and making the stance look more aggressive
Not all to do with the offset then mate. Like I said the oem wheels are 18x7.5 and mines are 18x8 and they fill the arches a lot better. A bigger offset wont fill the arches iirc

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Filling the arches and making the stance look more aggressive
You got the frs on all 4 corners or just the front mate? Spacers will bring out the wheel little bit and give the car a nice stance going get maz some 15mm spaces for the back of her car to bring the wheels out to fill the rear arch

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not all to do with the offset then mate. Like I said the oem wheels are 18x7.5 and mines are 18x8 and they fill the arches a lot better. A bigger offset wont fill the arches iirc
ah so wider wheels ! i got you :)

You got the frs on all 4 corners or just the front mate? Spacers will bring out the wheel little bit and give the car a nice stance going get maz some 15mm spaces for the back of her car to bring the wheels out to fill the rear arch
just the front buddy

these are what im looking at

Buy 18 Inch Samurai D1R Black Red Alloy Wheels | 18 inch Alloys | Samurai Alloys

and

Buy 18 Inch Team Dynamics Jade R Black Alloy Wheels | 18 inch Alloys | Team Dynamics Alloys

or

Buy 18 Inch Team Dynamics Monza RS Black Red Alloy Wheels | 18 inch Alloys | Team Dynamics Alloys

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
The monza r look good. They lightweight ones mate you know?

You not tried Skidz in Falkirk Ross they maybe able to sort you out with a set plus tyres and give good advice on the car if it requires spacers or that mate

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The monza r look good. They lightweight ones mate you know?

You not tried Skidz in Falkirk Ross they maybe able to sort you out with a set plus tyres and give good advice on the car if it requires spacers or that mate
not sure on weights kev , just going for what looks best :laugh: i prefer the lenso's tbh

just looking for now but will try skidz if i decide to go for it :D

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
IMO, for new wheels, basically don't go wider than 8.5 (8 inch is ideal for the 225 tyres used on the FN2).
As for offset dont go lower than 40. Big changes to offset will affect handling and steering feel as well.

I use 8.5 width and 44 offset and it looks great, and no rubbing on stock suspension.
8.5 width however means tyres are slightly stretched and offer less protection to your rims.
8.5 width also means better chance of clearing BBK if you ever decide to go that route (although that has to do a lot with the wheels spoke deign)

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.