2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I want to find out what the difference is in this because bye the looks of the pics of the turbos there is the same electronic component but then what looks to be two waste gates with vac fittings can someone explain please. I have a civic 1.6 I would.like to try fit the bi turbo set up to. Anf trying to figure out how to achieve this. I hope not a total loom and engine turbo swap but if need be I will save few weeks and make it happen. But really needing a hand please

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is anyone running a bi turbo I could talk to and maybe get some pics and stuff would mega help if I can see or know what is goin on with those vac lines and if my ecu can take to extra turbo. It needs to be done flip sake. I love my wee motor but I would love to see what the bi turbs would be like yolo please help

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
TBH I would get the 1.6d remapped or bluespark box fitted rather than go down the biturbo fitting route.
Honda fitted the biturbo to the crv but unfortunately didn't in the civic which was a shame, it made 160ps and 258 lb ft torque, the engines are basically the same except for the 2 scroll turbo, rather than one turbo finding a balance between low, mid, high power and torque, a smaller turbo spools up at lower revs and then the secondary one comes in around 3k revs.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Too much torgue for a fwd car, it wont be enjoyable in real life.
my old octavia vrs had something like 420 Nm torque just with a stage one map. yes you could break traction easily but only if you drove like a knob. you learned when/ where it was possible (or appropriate) to give it the full beans.

·
Registered
178 Posts
my old octavia vrs had something like 420 Nm torque just with a stage one map. yes you could break traction easily but only if you drove like a knob. you learned when/ where it was possible (or appropriate) to give it the full beans.
From memory seem to think that the DSG had a much stronger clutch (or clutches) than the manual vRS did

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
From memory seem to think that the DSG had a much stronger clutch (or clutches) than the manual vRS did
yes i think you're right - some bonkers hp/ torque numbers for some golf Rs etc with the dsg box

mine were all manuals - clutch held up ok. it's the only FWD car i've had that could leave "11"s, Got thru tyres quickly though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
OCTAVIA VRS, was constructed from factory, to hold much more horsepower than normal civics, had biger breaks, struts, sway bars, clutch, etc. If you put to a 1.0 cc civic, 200 horsepower and 420 nm of torgue, results will be awful. You have to put bigger brakes, pads, lines, struts, clutch , limited slip differential, and many more, to start enjoy the car.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
OCTAVIA VRS, was constructed from factory, to hold much more horsepower than normal civics, had biger breaks, struts, sway bars, clutch, etc. If you put to a 1.0 cc civic, 200 horsepower and 420 nm of torgue, results will be awful. You have to put bigger brakes, pads, lines, struts, clutch , limited slip differential, and many more, to start enjoy the car.
agree. i did all of my chassis upgrades before i gave the car any more power.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I'm the same my car has stage 1but if I bi turbo it and remap that set up I be lookin to expect in the 210s+ still toyin with the idea
Celtic stage 1 on the bi-turbo says 190bhp and 315 lb/ft torque. For the single turbo 1.6 d the torque is quoted as 309 lb/ft so in reality i don't think there is that much extra gained by having the two turbos (certainly not enough to justify a full engine swap IMO). I doubt you'd notice another 6 lb/ft torque?

I would expect there are bigger gains if you can find someone to develop a hybrid turbo for you, add also a bigger intercooler and you'd likely see more than another 6 lb/ft increase. I've heard good things about darkside, also owen developments. Personally i think the car is nice with just the stage 1 map - it would cost a lot to go beyond that with custom work and as above you'd v likely need a stronger clutch. For my car at 150k miles it would not be worth the investment but i'd be very interested if someone else took the plunge and did this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts