2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
You might well ask !

I thaught mine was missing for 2 months !

It serves no useful purpose unless you are in pitch darkness !

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
It's in the new CR-V aswell
dials and radio light up blue and are amazing at night
but felt the little blue light was just there
as pottsy has proved is does provide light in pitch black conditions

·
Rusty Nut!
611 Posts
So is the "little blue light" standard or is it part of the ambiant lighting pack?

·
Nneeaawwwwwwww
443 Posts
Its standard

·
Rusty Nut!
611 Posts
Thanks [smilie=thumbup.gif]

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I think it is useful. Basically, there is always some light in the car no matter how light/dark it is outside. It save ruining your night vision by turning one of the courtesy lights on, which is bloody bright at night! Cool, that rhymes....

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Yer looks cool but to be any use it should be a bit bighter or be adjustable so you can have it as bright as you you need it .

·
SY8CPC
754 Posts
Little Blue Light

The brightness of the light in the photo is standard? I think that as standard that led delivers less light, so you have to be in absolute dark to see it...
Can this led be replaced by a brighter one?

·
Mondeo Mann is here!!
1,333 Posts
The brightness of the LED adjusts when you adjust the brightness on the dashboard. Some people have taken the cover off and made the slit a little bit bigger to let more light through i think

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I had one in the last BM' it was a bit brighter, but not much, it's just enough to stop your eyes straining at the controls etc. (radio, seats-heated that is) and climate control.

Tom

·
Registered
95 Posts
i thought this blue light was something to do with the bluetooth headset being connected, ill have to check this later on. (i know the phone symbol appears on the dash when conenected)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Nope completely seperate, it comes on when your lights go on.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I have posted before about my experiment with a dried contact lens over the light and it does make a difference.
Someone with a tiny old camera lens, could maybe take it a step further. ?
I binned my old cameras, when I bought my first digital. :oops:

·
Registered
3 Posts
If its the same little blue light in my car (Found by the light switches for the interior lights on the roof), it is to purely to shine down on the gear knob and make it look good in the dark :p its called 'submarine lighting' - So called, as apparently you get it in Submarines! :confused:

And the only reason i know that is because my partner has a red light in his Focus ST and i wondered what it was for and he told me!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi all ,

I have just been looking at the photo which shows the submarine lighting, I have noticed tht my dash lights (stereo,heater,steering wheel lights are nowhere near as bright as in the picture . Even when I adjust them. Are everyone elses this bright ?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Hi all ,

I have just been looking at the photo which shows the submarine lighting, I have noticed tht my dash lights (stereo,heater,steering wheel lights are nowhere near as bright as in the picture . Even when I adjust them. Are everyone elses this bright ?
A picture like this one? It has been taken with a really long exposure, so makes everything look much brighter. The dashboard doesn't look nearly as bright as this in reality.

Reactions: RedDervil

·
Registered
103 Posts
ah ok cheers pjr. i can see that now. as for the little blue light, found mine, what a shame its not just a bit brighter

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
PJR
I was looking at your dash pic and noticed your steering wheel buttons are illuminated! are these backlit or just luminescent and the slow exposure has made them much brighter? Thanks
Giggy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts