2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
Looks like a nipple only way to describe it. Automatic wipers?
Think it's auto lights, the wiper sensor is in the box under your rear view mirror.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
far as i know the sensor behind mirror covers both lights and wipers... so temp control gets my vote... any advance???

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
It works with your climate control and rain sensors (not sure about the rain sensors part, was listening to Nissan salesman when he was dealing with a customer)It mainly to do with the AirCon as well, as is the grill on the steering column next to the steering wheel, they work with each other so far as I know...

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
As said before, the sensor placed on the dashboard, close to the windscreen is a "sun rays" sensor for the climate control.

The 2 sensors for windscreen wipers and auto lights are by the mounting point of the rearview mirror on the windscreen.

P.S.: When in doubt, RTFM! :)

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
It's a sunlight sensor.

on a sunny day (yeah, may have to wait) cover up the sensor with your climate control on auto. leave it to run for a few minutes then uncover it so the sun gets a nice blast directly onto it, you'll hear the speed of the fans change as the car re-adjusts the control for the air-con.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
It's a sunlight sensor.

on a sunny day (yeah, may have to wait) cover up the sensor with your climate control on auto. leave it to run for a few minutes then uncover it so the sun gets a nice blast directly onto it, you'll hear the speed of the fans change as the car re-adjusts the control for the air-con.
Correct. The Auto lights and wipers are on the windscreen underneath the mirror. The large black senser is for the wipers, and the smaller one with a type of whole in it for the auto lights. The AC climate control has several sensers in the car including one by the int. light, one on the dash by the steering wheel and another nipple shaped one on the dash. :idea:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Correct. The Auto lights and wipers are on the windscreen underneath the mirror. The large black senser is for the wipers, and the smaller one with a type of whole in it for the auto lights. The AC climate control has several sensers in the car including one by the int. light, one on the dash by the steering wheel and another nipple shaped one on the dash. :idea:
I believe the 'grille' on the map-reading light unit is a location for HFT microphone :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts