2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !

I have a 2007 honda civic type s gt

A plastic panel is hanging down from the bottom. .. its not the big one but the smaller panel a metre back from the front of the car closest to the drivers side. It looks like a bolt has come loose ! Any idea what the heck its called or if it's actually a clip ?!

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Sorry if this is a bit of a thread hijack but I've got a dreadful droning plasticky rattle kind of noise from under our 2.2 EX, I've been underneath and taken care of all wobbly bits when things had broken or a bolt had fallen out (including some judicious use of cable ties in places!) but the drivers wheel arch and under neath section near it still seems to be loose and vibrating at certain resonances.

The push clips identified above are in place but appear to be loose so the whole section moves a couple of mm when pushed and it appears to be this causing the noise.

The clips shown above look perfect and I'm happy to replace the loose ones but my question is how do you remove these type of clips when they're in position, is it just a question of levering them out with something or is there a knack to it?

Cheers all :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello mate. There very tricky to get out you really need to replace them. You can leaver some out ok but some need hacking away at ! When you push them back in make sure they go through the both panel holes and the body before you push the clip down (its hard)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

·
Shake n Bake
810 Posts
There is a knack to it but once you've done one it's easy. You have to lever up the centre part first, you should see a small notch to place the tip of a screw driver in. Once the centre part is partially out the whole clip can be levered out.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Thanks tommeh, I wasn't going to re-use the ones that are there but just wondered how to get the ones that are there out :)

Cheers for the advice chaps, I shall have a crack at sorting this as soon as the clips arrive.

According to that listing, there are 27 and 31mm versions, does anyone know which are required
Or does it not matter?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 2007 honda civic type s gt . I can give you the link to push in clips I bought for the above problem. If you're talking about the splitter/lip there's also to wierd bolts underneath in the middle :)

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Cheers Tommeh that'd be good ta, it's just the off side inner wheel arch area/section that's troublesome, the splitter/lip bit is fine fortunately :)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got these there metal inside so a lot stronger than originals. Couldn't copy link on my phone sorry !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts