2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s situated at the rear left coming out of the boot into the wheel arch, is clipped onto the wheel arch, and then the union between the main rear brake line and the flexi before running under the middle undertray:

These images make it hard to tell where it is but the bottom image is me looking side on into the wheel arch. I thought it might have been the pipe from the fuel filler to the tank but when I checked out the fuel tank parts image it looks nothing like it.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cable for fuel flap?
Good shout - will investigate this further

Your sure its not just the main brake line running from the front?
Na it’s nearly an inch in diametre and I can see the brake line.

The reason I’m asking is because the flexi hoses are badly corroded.This pipe is bolted into a bracket shared by a hose and the bolt is badly corroded so was considering cutting it off, but would like to replace the bracket if possible

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
handbrake cable maybe its hard to tell from the close up photos
Thanks but the handbrake cable is further down. I should have said this is right next to the rear spring top mount. If I’m working on the car this weekend I’ll get some better photos - it’s really bugging me

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snap @Wilmo - I came to the same conclusion this afternoon after it has been bugging me so much. I’ll double check this weekend but it can’t be anything else. It just don’t see how it all connects up, it states it’s a drain pipe? The fuel filler is separate under the fuel tank parts list.

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
it's a drain of some sort and it goes into something called a cannister - but what that's for I have no idea

·
i-Vtec
4,424 Posts
Its the breather for the charcoal filter. Its called an EVAP. Basically it controls the fuel vapors.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its the breather for the charcoal filter. Its called an EVAP. Basically it controls the fuel vapors.
Ah makes sense

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
yes and a new canister is around £200 of course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts