2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Yeah....a lot of these online valuations can be a bit optimistic to say the least, but i think Glass's is the one that gets closest to real world figures.
Even then you are most likely disappointed with what you actually get offered. :(

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
Definitely, I've had a part ex quote on my car before at a Vauxhall dealer and they quoted me exactly the Glass's valuation.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I don't even think Glasses is close either. Pretty much all the guides are out of whack at the moment.

CAP is what a lot of traders seem to use these days. Wisebuyers.co.uk seem to come close to these values.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ouch, I paid 15k less than a year ago.

Honda Civic Si
1.4 Petrol 5-door Hatchback
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2011 11
Mileage: 7,000

Excellent condition:
£10650
Average condition:
£10100
Below average condition:
£9270

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
I have just part-ex'd my 2008 EX for a new CRV and got offered £8000 which I took. Was really low mileage at 17010 and was exactly 4 years old and had blue leather after market seats. The price was just under half what I paid for the car new and the dealership have put it up for sale at £10295

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
How much does a FN2 Type R depreciate by per month ?

say a 2009 and 2010 model.

Bit of an open ended question really. Depends on how many miles you are putting on it, and exactly what the age and condition is. A 2009 is going to lose less a month for the same mileage as a 2010 because its already lost more of its value already.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Yep, too many variables involved, the question is very difficult/impossible to answer.
An educated guess could be made, but would always be subject to change.
I would rate the "how long is a piece of string" question as being only slightly higher up the scale. :lol:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was offered 5500 for a '57 plate CTR with 53k miles. I laughed, got up, and left.
My local dealer rang me the other week offering interest free finance on a Jazz hybrid. I told them I would never buy a Honda again after the derisory offer thay made on my Civic.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Many people try to check the trade in price of their old car using a guide such as Parkers. This is horribly inaccurate - what is really needed is the Glasses Guide trade in value - the same value the dealers use...

Click here to get it. :)
Anybody got a new link to the Glass's Guide?

Cheers,

Bob...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anybody got a new link to the Glass's Guide?

Cheers,

Bob...
They must have been tidying up - I have used a stored link for years but that doesn't work now either. I go to the Ford web site now and configure a vehicle which then brings up a Value my Car link to Glass's.

221 - 237 of 237 Posts