2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

What is your car worth?

Resale Value 
81K views 236 replies 94 participants last post by  67266 
#1 · (Edited)
Many people try to check the trade in price of their old car using a guide such as Parkers. This is horribly inaccurate - what is really needed is the Glasses Guide trade in value - the same value the dealers use...

Click here to get it. :)

#172 ·
The guides are a bit useless TBH. I was offered £7000 for my BMW 545i and sold the car privately for £12000 within about a week on the Trader. Then again that car would probably be difficult to shift on a forecourt.

#173 ·
I part exchanged my 57 plate Alfa GT Coupe a couple of weeks ago, for a facelift 59 plate Civic Type S GT. They originally offered me £9100, but I had been on Glass's and knew it was worth £11,450... eventually was offered £11,000 and the Civic dropped by £350 plus threw in a few extras... so the £3.50 Glass's valuation was money well spent.

#174 ·
I think I purchased mine at Glass's price guide...Well £70 different to what the price is set now, so if I lose £70 in 4 months I cannot complain in the slightest!

#176 ·
These quotes are for part exchange, you are expected to lose £1-2000 on the value of your car. The dealers then sell them on at a profit, a part exchange should be your last resort!

My car comes up at £10450, but you can see CTR's on Autotrader.co.uk going for between £12,500 and £13000 with 28k miles and excellent condition. (57 plate)

#177 ·
recently wanted to px my 5 door 06 2.2 civic sport against a 59 plate type s..

having paid my £3.50 i was quite happy with the valuation.

salesman offered a lot less and i brought out the 'magic' sheet of paper, he then admitted that they 'sell' at the glass guide price but buy at the 'cap' price (another trader guide) which he again admitted was a lower figure..

talk about comparing apples with pairs... we couldn't agree over £200 so I walked away...

2 weeks later I am the proud owner of a younger model 2.2 type S GT-T, so the next model up in range with satnav, hands free telephone etc etc

think on this occasion 'CAP did me a favour...

#179 ·
Dealer offered me £6800 for my 24,000mls 2007 2.2 sport against a £9999 43,000mls 55 plate FR-V, i wasn't very impressed, then he came back to me and said he could go to £7000 max and that's it......BYE.....BYE...... i said to him.

Anyone got a rough idea of what mine is worth? got to be £8 k at least i thought

#181 ·
Dealer offered me £6800 for my 24,000mls 2007 2.2 sport against a £9999 43,000mls 55 plate FR-V, i wasn't very impressed, then he came back to me and said he could go to £7000 max and that's it......BYE.....BYE...... i said to him.

Anyone got a rough idea of what mine is worth? got to be £8 k at least i thought
Just put your details in and it comes up with this;
Part exchange value;
Excellent condition £8510
Average condition £7590
Below Average Condition £6680

It depends on the condition of your car, but assuming your is average or above, his offer was low.

Rememeber that sales figures for salesmen are the best in March and September, so perhaps not the best month to get a good deal. He may well have already met his monthly target.

I did my deal with my car on the last working day of the month and pushed my part ex up from £9700 to £11000. (this was after I walked away and he phoned me at home later) I also got £350 off the screen price, a set of mats, a free service (when it was due) and a full tank of fuel.

You need to catch them when they need the sale.

#183 · (Edited)
Clover Leaf Ascot offered just £6550 part ex today for my daughter's 2008 5dr 1.4 SE+ (limited edition with body kit) with 30k.

Seems well under what glasses guide suggests.

It has a couple of small dinks, (the sort that littleknocks would fix for £100 - used them several times). Full service - she has a 5yr plan from Honda (is that transferable? Should it be reflected in the PX price, or only if she sold it private?). Just serviced, new MOT already done when it was services last week (as it will be 3yrs old in a few days).

So I would describe it as average condition at worst.

Glasses comes back with
Honda Civic SE+
1.4 Petrol 5-door Hatchback
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2008 08
Mileage: 30,000

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition:
£8420
Average condition:
£7850
Below average condition:
£7020
Hardly seem much of an incentive for her to buy a replacement, which is what she was looking to do.

I think that because they are currently offering a reasonable discount on the civics (£2250 off the Si she looked at, or £2750 off a type S), they have simply reduced the PX to compensate)... But anyone walking in off the street gets that discount, so they don't seem to be doing her any favours as an existing customer. Far from it is seems.:(

Anyone think that is a fair price (I know there is often a mismatch between the guides and what dealers really offer), or should she be pushing for more.
They seem to be selling similar models on the forecourt for over £9k.

#186 ·
Thanks to that guide I knew I was being ripped off when I tried to p/x mine against a Jazz CVT:

2007/07 1.8SE i-shift 22k miles unmarked, offered £6,000 by Honda dealer against book value of £7,120. What price brand loyalty?

Settled on £6,750 + 6 months RFL against an "as new" 9 month old Ford Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Auto with under 4k miles. Ended up costing almost £2,000 less than the 3 month old Jazz ES!

#188 ·
help i paid 18000 for this car and the stealers offerd me 10500
someone is trying on i think

Honda Civic VTEC Championship White Type R
2.0 Petrol 3-door Hatchback
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2010 10
Mileage: 16,000

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£12600
Average condition:
£11900
Below average condition:
£10850

#189 ·
Whoop my car is priceless (go on try getting a price for a CR-Z GT) hehe

#191 ·
I see, according to Parkers, the Civic lost another £750 last month. :(
Just P/x'd mine in time looking at those figures but the replacement will have probably lost more - that's the way with cars. :(

Anyone know why there are up to three different sets of values for the same car in Glass's? Mine was a 2007/07 SE 1.8 i-shift with 22k miles. The i-shift transmission selection should be 02/2007 - 2008 which appears 3 times with 3 different values. 'Tis the same on the Value My Car link on the Ford web site as well. :confused:

#192 ·
The link on the first page no longer works, anyone know of one that does?

#193 ·
Reactions: Coldwarkid
#194 ·
#198 · (Edited)
Free Car Valuation at What's My Car Worth?

When i put my reg no. in the top box it gives me a price of between £9945 and £11495, which i think is waaaaaay too high. :eek:
When i check the bottom box where you need to manually select your details, i get a price of between £8645 and £9950, which is also high.
I didnt bother with the webuyanycar quote because its a complete waste of time. :rolleyes:

Even given that my car has only covered 10k miles and is absolutely immaculate, i dont think these prices would be achievable under any circumstances.

#199 ·
According to the above site, mines worth:

Price for this car would be between £12845 and £14580

If so, I'm selling it right now. Lmao!

Also says Region: London. And I'm in Wigan - that can't be good!

#201 · (Edited)
Also says Region: London. And I'm in Wigan - that can't be good!
[/B]
The region goes off which DVLA office the car was first registered at. This is designated on the first couple of letters.

Up here you see a lot of cars regs starting with a P. They were registered through the Preston office.

You get some starting with M which is a Manchester office like my old EP3 being MH04.

My FN2 starts with a Y, so it has come out as Yorkshire, Beverley which will be correct as it was first sold by a Honda dealership in Scarborough.

Oh and "Price for this car would be between £7755 and £9140" on mine.

Probably not too far out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.