2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

What Legal Fn2 exhaust manifold to buy ??

16K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Blade 
#1 ·
Hi guys, not really into whats what etc, but i'm after a exhaust manifold for my fn2, just bought a Toda cat back so i.m after something nice to compliment the Toda.
Has to be legal to pass its M O T !
Thanks all, regards Matt.

#13 ·
#15 ·
There's really no point in buying the mugen manifold because its not that much less restrictive than the OEM manifold, gains will be minimal for something that costs closes to what a supercharger will cost you (which btw is legal and will pass an MOT), on the other hand the piper is relatively cheap but the "sports cat" is pathetic and will erode very quickly so by the time your MOT comes it will be a de-cat anyway so in truth there is no decent "legal" manifold if it's gains your after mate, essentially because manifolds or 'race headers' are designed for racing and producing gains not for passing MOT's I'm afraid...supercharger...? ;)

#16 ·
Best bet- tdi or cpl second hand Mani with rrc...

Both are legal... Okay so it's decated, however that's still legal-

don't even start me on the emissions side of things.

Best bet, phone your insurance, tell them your decatting the car, and uprating the mani.... They "should" in theory insure you.. Get it in writing, then go to cpl for your mot...

Reactions: vern6573
#18 ·
I found the CPL manifold to be better for me, felt like it gave better midrange power.

Also as im being raped for £250 Tax for a year I feel like I need to pollute more to justify them putting it up so high.....gotta get my moneys worth! :p

#19 ·
I found the CPL manifold to be better for me, felt like it gave better midrange power.

Also as im being raped for £250 Tax for a year I feel like I need to pollute more to justify them putting it up so high.....gotta get my moneys worth! :p

+1
Road tax, dont get me started..........have you seen the state of em:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.