2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 1.8 type has just ticked over to 80,000 and I've had to replace the front struts and cluch master cyclinder as well as a full service. How is your's cars handling the milles?
PHP:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my aim is to get an fn2 at some point, love the 1.8 but sometimes wish i had more POWER!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
My 1.8 is on 92k

Clutch pedal is starting to click so I'm expecting to have to shell out for a new master cylinder before long [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] Had to replace a pulley bearing last year as well, but touchwood nothing major so far

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just replaced my clutch master cyclinder, it looks worse than it is so if you're pretty handy have a go! But yeah a pully bearing isnt bad for 92k!

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
My 08 is getting up to 90k and the engine is still sweet.

Previous owners negleted the car but at least they kept her topped up with oil!
It's never been so spoilt and all the niggles are sorted now :D

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
'59 plate auto on 98k approx. No issues so far after 2 1/2 years with us. Just servicing, battery and tyres.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
My 2013 9G is only on 16k. I may get the engine run in this year, or maybe not.

Only done 2k this year so far.
i can do that in a month some months
maybe thats why my old 2.2 is sitting close to 160000 miles
mind you ive got a bike on a 11 plate thats got less than 5000 on the clock (would be more if i had the time to use the bloody thing)

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,354 Posts
52000 just regular servicing so far. Obviously down the line more will be needed to be changed but that had to be expected. So just budget for it or do it before it becomes a problem. A/C next year maybe gearbox again. Rather pay £45 AC and £75 gearbox oil than repair costs. Obviously some parts you can't cover and have to wait untill they become pain in the Arse. Nothing lasts for ever, except diamonds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
08 plate with 124,000 miles on the clock. Only thing that went wrong with it was the Master Brake Cylinder sprung a leak as the seals perished. Honda paid for a new MC as no seal kit was available Otherwise, basics such as oil, tyres and brakes with the necessary filters is all its wanted for.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
08 plate with 124,000 miles on the clock. Only thing that went wrong with it was the Master Brake Cylinder sprung a leak as the seals perished. Honda paid for a new MC as no seal kit was available Otherwise, basics such as oil, tyres and brakes with the necessary filters is all its wanted for.
Just a question, have you ever replaced the in tank fuel filter?

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Just a question, have you ever replaced the in tank fuel filter?

nope as its a massive job so i leave tat to honda to do. The cost of it for a registered garage to do is more than what honda charges for flat rate tank replacement of around £100. considering it needs doing only every 75k miles, its a worthwhile investment

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
2007 1.8 65k two services, new struts, new tyres and a battery since buying last Jan.

A low miler yes but that means when it is driven properly and regularly things tend to give up so I'm pretty please with that tbh.
I've had a few older low milers now and always have stuff go that would have been replace years ago if the miles were put on the car lol.

The tyres were completely my choice as I didn't want to run ditch finders on the family wagon and second service was to sync with the MOT in oct

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
59 plate with only 35,000 miles. It will last a little longer I think. :wink3:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts