2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
One offside front on mine being changed soon, slight misting of oil on it....90,000 miles.

I checked the mot history on mine and a few years back they all had a "misting of oil" as an advisory. That hasn't shown up the last few mots, or either honda health check I've had. So I assume they've been done

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
2012 2.2 I-Dtec just gone over 74,000 miles. Nothing but regular services so far and recently remapped. This car is so clean and sound underneath compared to my last car a Seat at only 42,000 miles which was awful and needed loads of work!

·
Looking to buy a Type R
275 Posts
92k on my 08. Still on the original clutch, changed shocks last year because they've taken a beating from the awful roads round here.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just hit 50K in my 2011 1.4 Type S, other than the driver's seat squeeking a little and some rubbing noise coming from the front pillars it still feels very youthful. It's booked in to get all 4 shocks and springs replaced next week (in an effort to improve ride quality not because they need to be replaced). I was going to do them myself on the drive but after speaking with my garage about it they quoted me a very reasonable labour charge.

I think the type of miles are important too. Straight line motorway work is a lot less stressful than a ride that gets driven to the gym and tesco and nothing else. I've been in a few cars around 4-8 years old with well over 100k on and they feel really tight and new, on the flipside i've also been in some right battered old sheds that only read 35k on the dash...

In summary; still going fine and more than pleased with it.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
My 57' just over 66k.

Major expenses since owning it from 2008 is AC compressor (£320) in 2015 and clutch actuator (£340) in 2017. Other than that usual tyres every 3 years and annual service.

Springs OK since I swapped with Meister's.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
My 59 plate ex gt is just shy of 96k. So far I have had a lot of the common problems, AC relay, AC compressor, leaking boot and squeaky clutch. However the car has cost me very little - the most expensive thing is the compressor and a couple of tyres.

·
Registered
213 Posts
2009, 1.4 petrol, 56k miles.

Squeaky clutch pedal done under warranty. Ate 3 sets of tires already. Just replaced front and rear brake pads. No suspension problems or leaks.

Also replaced a lot of body parts. My wife drives like ****, so it's had a hard life. But faultless so far.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Bought my 59 ex 2,2 2014 work done under warranty clutch master cylinder as clutch pedal squeeking door handle loose AC relay replaced and interior door trim replaced.
Replaced 4 tyres windscreen wipers rear brake light bulb and recently replaced front brake and rear brakes having renewed pads and disks.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
2009 1.8 vtec..coming up on 51k..has just had new condenser to get the aircon going again. Im currently submitting a claim for what is currently the merest sign of front seal/roof rust...has had rear discs and pads due to corrosion,nothing much else..now have 6mm mesh up front to help protect the condenser..

·
Registered
33 Posts
53,000 miles on my 07 CTR, only a squeaky clutch master cylinder which I have to grease occasionally. Not had it long, but plan on doing a big service and valve clearances. The roof only has the tiniest bit of rust starting so might think about sorting that in the future.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts