2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

What mod next?

• Wavetrac LSD

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Flashpro

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Brake upgrade (Pads, Disks, Lines, Fluid)

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Other. (please suggest!)

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes another one of these threads! im after your guys opinion on what should be next on my mod list, ive just got my card eibach'd and FRS from TDI south.. What should i do next? Reasons why you think would be cool aswell.

I plan on going to Brands With TDI and am planning a trip to the ring with friends in june so some track use should be a consideration in my modding!

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im with you guys on logic, just the LSD is tempting me lol. For brakes it would obviously be ferodo ds2500's Goodridge or HKS Lines and Motul fluid, but what disks? If i went brakes id be tempted to go all out on a Big brake conversion...

2,111 Posts
Braided hoses and ferodo front pads motul rbf fluid no point in going faster if you cant stop!
+1

Im with you guys on logic, just the LSD is tempting me lol. For brakes it would obviously be ferodo ds2500's Goodridge or HKS Lines and Motul fluid, but what disks? If i went brakes id be tempted to go all out on a Big brake conversion...
Then go for a big brake conversion... ;-)

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My heart says big brake, head says no.. In the interest of other future mods funding you should probably ignore my heart lol.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
LSD first for sure, will transform the car.

And just a set of Ferodo pads for trackwork will be fine, if budget constrained.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
im sure i read that a champ white CTR is 4 seconds quicker round a track than a normal one and the only difference is......... is a LSD!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I'm running 330bhp and I don't have the BBK. There is more useful mods to do for the money.
Agree!

If you have the cash for an LSD then rather do the brakes (pads,hoses,fluid) then get flashpro.

FRS and flashpro are the first 2 mods anyone should do in my opinion.

Even paul told me that he found his BBK to be abit over the top. Pads, hoses and fluid will be more than enough for casual track days.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm.. i think ill get EP3 Brembo Discs (OEM Style), Ferodo DS2500's, HKS lines, Motul fluid.. all in all around the £250 mark, Anyone have any experiance with the Brembo's? Then next payday hit the wallet with a LSD.. Cheers for your advice.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I'm running 330bhp and I don't have the BBK. There is more useful mods to do for the money.
a, Thats coz you drive like an old Doris :popcorn2:

b, Incontinent pants !

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
Good choice on the brakes. Brake fade on track could take the shine off it in my opinion.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Definitely brakes first if you're going to do track days and go to the Ring , the standard discs and pads can't take much abuse. Changing discs , pads (Ferodo DS2500) and fluid makes a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Decided than, thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts