2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what model the Alpine satnav HU is? had a flick throught the wiki and didn't see it, I know cars without the SatNav are now Panny unit's, but the SatNav cars are certainly Alpine still....

Has anyone tried Connect2's Alpine/Honda kit's on this new unit?

Cheers

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK, after a bit of a swerf around, it looks like even the SatNav models use the Panny stereo, and connect to the screen on the SatNav, is that correct? seems odd to have panny->alpine... why not just use Alpine for it all, and it would be integrated.

If that's correct let me know.

(Cheers Pottsy ;))

And on another note, what's the latest SatNav disk? there not a 2007/2008 one out? mine is still the 2006/2007 one.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Yes - that's correct. It is a bit of a mess, because Alpine nav, Panasonic HU, Honda ECU and the Bluetooth system (can't remember the make) all have to talk together via the canbus.

The latest disk is quite late - but is being released any second now.

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are the odds of me being able to talk my dealer into swaping the 06/07 with the 07/08 model disk.....

Me think's none, even though I should have got the 08 disk ;)

Just noticed your Leicester based Pottsy? where about's? I live just off the M69 J2....

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
He'd happily swap it - so long as you left £200 with him...

M1 J22 - you can pick your sticker up in person if you like!

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's what I thought.... although might haggle a bit, say he sold me an old version... after all my car is an 08, should have the 08 disk ;)

May just do that with the sticker, people say something about a front one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts