2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above what mods would be required to hit 250 BHP
Also whats the price on each of the components.

Wanting to compare against a turbo or supercharger build where 300+ is easily achievable

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
alot!...

If you want to stay NA then you'll need exhaust manifold, inlet manifold, big tb, good intake, good cams and a nice map... look at Loxy's build thread hes the NA king.

if you go FI then you can break 250 easily

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
I've heard many people say that as far as bhp/£ is concerned, boost is the way.

As above, Loxy has a fnatastic NA build so he'll be a good person to ask. Off the top of my head I think his spec is: HKS RSK, intake manifold (not sure about throttle body as well), cams, balancer shaft delete kit, race header, cat back and remap by TDi North.

He has/had Skunk2 cams which made 247bhp peak, then when testing out TDi-Norths own cams he made 260bhp peak I believe - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/torque-developments-international-north-south/75305-tdi-north-drop-cams-tested-results-p3-3.html - Results further down that page.

His build thread - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modification-projects/36632-my-alabaster-silver-fn2-ctr-gt.html

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
I dont think its that difficult to get to if your talking about flywheel, before I whacked a charger on my FN2 I was running 221.3 at the hubs: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/attachments/modification-projects/53712d1307652546-my-car-stock-vs-now-2.jpg

So thats 221.3 * 1.13 = 250bhp at flywheel (obviously not 100% accurate)

Mods at that time were: TODA exhaust manifold, HKS catback, RRC manifold, Mugen Intake, FD2 cams, TODA delete kit, Flashpro custom cal, TODA TB
It's not difficult but its very, very expensive :D

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
It's not difficult but its very, very expensive :D
A very quick adding up of my mods above was just over £7k, depends on what you consider expensive is I suppose.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
A very quick adding up of my mods above was just over £7k, depends on what you consider expensive is I suppose.
Are you calling me poor :worms:

.... joking - as you said its up to you.

I think i spent nearly 2k on getting my car to 202 @ the wheels which is quite good.

Although it may not sound a lot my car is a lot faster than standard!

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Are you calling me poor :worms:

.... joking - as you said its up to you.

I think i spent nearly 2k on getting my car to 202 @ the wheels which is quite good.

Although it may not sound a lot my car is a lot faster than standard!
haha no buddy. The way I look at it is this car cost me £12k, at the time those mods cost me £7k.

So could I have got a 3-4 year old NA 250bhp car for £19k that hasnt been modified by someone else? I cant think of one, so in my opinion it wasnt expensive. (maybe Im trying to convince myself here lol)

Plus the experience and fun you get from modding the car yourself, which you can only get by doing yourself.

Your car is the nuts frankie, feels flipping quick.

Anyway who cares about peak figures ;) :worms:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Will this see 250 bhp?

Tegiwa manifold
Tegiwa cat back
RRC intake manifold
J35 throttle body
Tegiwa airbox
Fd2 cams
Fd2 oil pump kit
Flashpro

Then fitting and mapping

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
haha no buddy. The way I look at it is this car cost me £12k, at the time those mods cost me £7k.

So could I have got a 3-4 year old NA 250bhp car for £19k that hasnt been modified by someone else? I cant think of one, so in my opinion it wasnt expensive. (maybe Im trying to convince myself here lol)

Plus the experience and fun you get from modding the car yourself, which you can only get by doing yourself.

Your car is the nuts frankie, feels flipping quick.

Anyway who cares about peak figures ;) :worms:
you proove a good point!

Yeah my car isn't too bad i guess, i still want a Rotrex though!!! :)

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Cheers for the comment. :oops:

Power mods I had on my car at this point were:
HKS RSK
FD2 throttle body
RRC inlet manifold
Tegiwa inlet manifold gasket
Tegiwa exhaust manifold
Magnex cat back (original Magnex not the rebranded Blue Flame one)
FD2 oil pump conversion
Skunk2 pro series valve springs
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams

The most impressive part of it for me is the torque. 180ftlb and a big wedge of it mid range and also pre VTEC which makes the car much more drivable.

As you can see it was 237 bhp and 172.5 ftlb on standard cams.

As mentioned above it was 260/180 with just changing to the TDi stage 1s. We're waiting on adjustable cam gear for the exhaust cam and a quiet week at TDi (possibly a long wait :lol: ) to see what we can get out of the TDi stage 2 cams.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers for the comment. :oops:

HKS RSK
FD2 throttle body
RRC inlet manifold
Tegiwa inlet manifold gasket
Tegiwa exhaust manifold
FD2 oil pump conversion
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams

The most impressive part of it for me is the torque. 180ftlb and a big wedge of it mid range and also pre VTEC which makes the car much more drivable.

As you can see it was 237 bhp and 172.5 ftlb on standard cams.

As mentioned above it was 260/180 with just changing to the TDi stage 1s. We're waiting on adjustable cam gear for the exhaust cam and a quiet week at TDi (possibly a long wait :lol: ) to see what we can get out of the TDi stage 2 cams.
Just been through your build thread Loxy. I didnt realise you'd done so much since the charger which was the last time i posted! Great journey!

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
^ Prices :)

(I assume not cheap!! Great figure though.)
HKS RSK - £370
FD2 throttle body
RRC inlet manifold - £799 incl TB, not incl labour guess at around £130
Tegiwa inlet manifold gasket - £30
Tegiwa exhaust manifold - £490 plus labour guess at around £65
Magnex cat back (original Magnex not the rebranded Blue Flame one) - £priceless :lol: think HKS gains £850
FD2 oil pump conversion - guessing around £700 including labour
Skunk2 pro series valve springs - again guessing around £700 including labour
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams - guessing around £1500 fitted and mapped
Total around £5,500 new parts with some bits like intake and catback fitted yourself.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HKS RSK
FD2 throttle body
RRC inlet manifold +gasket
Tegiwa exhaust manifold
FD2 oil pump conversion
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams

Is there any particular order in which these mods should be installed. I know most people sort out the intake and exhaust (breathing first). But if doing these mods one by one, are any of them going to be bottlenecked by the intake or exhaust straight away?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
HKS RSK
FD2 throttle body
RRC inlet manifold +gasket
Tegiwa exhaust manifold
FD2 oil pump conversion
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams

Is there any particular order in which these mods should be installed. I know most people sort out the intake and exhaust (breathing first). But if doing these mods one by one, are any of them going to be bottlenecked by the intake or exhaust straight away?
To save you labour time do the FD2 oil pump conversion, Skunk2 pro series valve springs, Skunk2 Stage 1 cams at the same time.

I'd say sort your exhaust system first, then intake system, then engine mods. To be honest just do the exhaust system first and then do the intake system or engine mods in whatever order you want.

The single biggest restriction in the FN2 is the exhaust manifold.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts