2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I got married on Saturday 15th May 2010 and the day went perfect I drove my CTR to the church and my best man drove my car to the reception. As you can see it looked fantastic with the white ribbon. Then my mates thought it would be a good idea to add a few additions ... It took me almost thirty minutes to remove the wet toilet paper from the car and brakes, cling film wrapped around the car, toilet rolls from exhausts, and the vaseline from the windows. The last picture is the interveiw I will find on my DVD of one of the main people who did it.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
Not funny IMO

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Congratz on your wedding..looks like it was a superb day for it!! I'm sure your mind was on your lovely bride, but.... time to get a new set of mates?? :D

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I get the DVD I'll let you all know what he said. I didnt find it funny at the time but once I unwrapped it and saw no damage I forgave them.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Yeah Congrats on getting married mate all the best with that, but i would have been fuming.. I dont know how you managed to keep your calm but i guess aftewards you see the funny side.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
should have left it on - may of help with those stone chips ;)

Congratulations

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Time will come when I will do similiar things to their cars. And to be fair I've done much worse to most of them in the past. I was angry at first. The main fella who did it offered to pay for any damaged done, luckily I found none. As for the bottle, that wasnt there when I found it. They also wrote a swear word on my windscreen backwards so it was correct way round when i drove it, I couldnt get it off at the wedding so had to drive home with the word C _ _ _ on my windscreen.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well after seeing how wonderful Louise looked at the church, it was going to take something extra bad to anger me that day. After this they weren't far off!

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Well I was best man at my mates wedding on saturday... Everyone knows that my Type R is the love of my life so they did a similar thing to me, but with cream, chocolate cakes, profiteroles and bottles of champagne... The next morning I thought it was funny and couldn't stop laughing. At the end of the day, it was a drunken wedding reception and my mates mean more to me than a car....

Congrats on your special occasion.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Congrats mate, hope you had a great day. I used mine for my brother's wedding a few weeks back, they do look the business all polished up and sporting ribbons.

Evil friends though..!! Respect the CTR, guys?!?! Still, glad no damage done. Enjoy plotting an appropriate revenge some time in the very near future ;)

Nick

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
hahahaha thats hilarious... you guys needs to lighten up. Its just a larf!

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Like you, at first i would have flipped!!!!

But if no damage was done, id be happy with that.

We once shrink wrapped our bosses new BMW Z4 for a joke... it was less than 3 days old and it just had to be done!!!! Like many of us here, we don't let our beloved r's out of our sight, and like to make sure its ok....

Yea he flipped a little... i lie, a lot.... but after a while he saw the funny side of things and had a giggle with us! We cut a door shaped hole so he could sit inside it hehe

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Congratulations on the wedding :thumbsup:

Cars are repairable at the end of the day and relationships with people are far more important when all is said and done, don't you think?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dreadful dreadful thing to do to a Civic shame on your pals! Although Photo 6 is the one that took my eye - are you looking in amazement that a betamax video camera still exists! I have a camcorder we bought a few years ago and it fits in my hand, this one must be an antique!:eek:

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Actually I think it shows your mates had some thought with what they did, wet toilet paper would not do any damage, neither would vaseline on the windows.
Now if they had used shaving foam on the body that would have been different....it can make quite a mess of the paint surface!

Terry

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I got married several years ago I owned an MR2.... They did a similar thing and covered it in baloons etc...

The problem came when they had emptied about 10 packets of gold glitter confetti over the windscreen which ended up in the vents so every time I turned on the blowers for the next 6 months I was covered in glitter...

I ended up selling the car then... bet the next owner was surprised the first time he put the blower on....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts