2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the demise of the R and no real like for like replacement sorted yet what would you replace your R with. If your car is what say 3years old now and you were thinking of changing it at 4 what would you go for? Or would you hold on till the replacement is sorted?

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Are we talking new car? I've always fancied a Golf R32 or Clio 3.0V6 but neither float my boat the way the civic does. An FD2 maybe.... uuuurgh really don't know. Short of an Aston / Lambo / GTR etc There really is nothing I want more than my civic!

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my point exactly

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
i think i would hold on to it mate there isnt really anything on the market that stands out just now

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
I'll be honest enough to say i really like the Focus RS and the Megane RS250, indeed superchips have just released their first map for the Megane...£400 and it gives you an extra 50bhp and 50lbs torque...tested on 5th gear showed it was quicker in gear and from standstill than the Focus RS....but for me I still think the CTR is the best looking so i'll keep modding it ;)

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Nissan 370Z, 330bhp rwd fun :)

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Mmmmmm GTR :cool: Running costs are out of this world though :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Nissan 350z all the way!!!! i had one before my civic and i loved it so much. only got rid of it because of fuel economy. got about 50miles to 20quid:facepalm:.

Much better driving experience as 370z. and the grunt and the roar of the v6:cool: i'm getting giddy now

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
In exactly the same prediciment, been looking for 2 months now at possible replacements. Nothing (to me) looks or feels as good as the :typer: unless you start talking GTR's etc, but thats a whole different league.

Looked at a nice exige - but too impractical for 3 years as an every day car and the interior is well.... poo!

I really wouldnt swap it for anything at the moment - so gotta keep modding for now.

I do like the Focus RS (ooops) but for £20K its an 09 plate and not exactly stupidly faster then the :typer: so theres no point lol..... There is just nothing I would (and could afford) to swap mine for!!!

At least I know its not just me though :D

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Nissan 350z all the way!!!! i had one before my civic and i loved it so much. only got rid of it because of fuel economy. got about 50miles to 20quid:facepalm:.

Much better driving experience as 370z. and the grunt and the roar of the v6:cool: i'm getting giddy now
Totally agree, I very nearly bought a 350z instead of the TypeR, however the practicality and better mpg of the civic won me over :p

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Fancy either a s2k or the accord type s next but goina wait and see if or any new ctr comes out

1 - 20 of 40 Posts