2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home one day and heard a pretty uncomfortable grinding noise. It was quite but it got more frequent as I went faster. Arrived home safely to find that my rear driver side wheel has bent outwards...

I’m not sure how this has happened but if anyone has any previous experience I’d be very grateful if you could share.

How much would I be looking at to repair this and I assume this isn’t even drivable in its current state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Jesus, don't drive it like that, my guess would be the hub/wheel bearing is coming away from the axel, or your rear axel has rusted away

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
No idea on cost - but driveable it definitely isn't :surprise:

and yes - collapsed wheel bearing maybe? hope your rear axle has not disintegrated!

·
Super Moderator
3,348 Posts
Take another photo from the rear, but from lower down so that it shows the axle as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. Cheers for this, any idea how much this might cost?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also what’s the most efficient way to get this to a garage? Assume it’s best to get a quote and have the same garage pick the car up?

·
Super Moderator
3,348 Posts
How much it will cost? Absolutely impossible to guess without knowing what's wrong with it.
'We' have come up with a couple of alternative possibilities but there may be other possibilities/complications.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
I'd be taking the wheel off to assess the damage

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope this is it as it would be the cheapest option it sounds like.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Take the wheel off and get some pics on.

Hopefully it's just the wheel bearing, id be shocked if the rear hub or beam has rotted enough to cause that but I suppose it can happen

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
jeez. you drove that without jumping out and taking a quick look?!?

i'm going with corroded axle beam, although that's mostly because a thread from a month ago with a crack through the trailing arm sticks out.
need photos from underneath to be sure.

either way, your off the road and definitely a trailer job if you cant tackle the job yourself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jeez. you drove that without jumping out and taking a quick look?!?

i'm going with corroded axle beam, although that's mostly because a thread from a month ago with a crack through the trailing arm sticks out.
need photos from underneath to be sure.

either way, your off the road and definitely a trailer job if you cant tackle the job yourself.

I’ve just attached some pictures. Looks like you might be right?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Assuming from the pictures that I’m right do you know what specific parts I should look for from scrapped cars?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts