2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
not been in this section of forum in a while, and i still havent given my car a full detail since ive bought it :( its had the odd polish and wax to keep it topped up.
i bought several months ago the following:
Magi-Foam
BH Clay Bar (reg)
Poorboys blackhole glaze
Autoglym Shampoo
Autoglym Super resin polish
Autoglym extra Gloss protection
Finishcare #425 ultra slick polywipe
i still dont have a wax though - recomendations?
i have a jet wash all the cloths etc i got a week off next week so it will be done then for sure :)
so what order hall i ue these product im npot to sure when to use the black hole glaze really evrything else is obvious from what ive researched months ago
Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
FK1000p is now my preferred LSP, however, before that I used AGHDW. But you could get away with AGSRP & then the EGP as EGP is not designed to have anything put over it ie a wax/sealant. After each wash use your #425 as a QD (quick detailer)

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Hi all
not been in this section of forum in a while, and i still havent given my car a full detail since ive bought it :( its had the odd polish and wax to keep it topped up.
i bought several months ago the following:
Magi-Foam
BH Clay Bar (reg)
Poorboys blackhole glaze
Autoglym Shampoo
Autoglym Super resin polish
Autoglym extra Gloss protection
Finishcare #425 ultra slick polywipe
i still dont have a wax though - recomendations?
i have a jet wash all the cloths etc i got a week off next week so it will be done then for sure :)
so what order hall i ue these product im npot to sure when to use the black hole glaze really evrything else is obvious from what ive researched months ago
Thanks
Foam
Wash with 2 buckets
clay
blackhole will give you best results IMO so no need of srp,
Blckhole is glaze with fillers so srp after blackhole would give you nothing and maybe the solvents damage blackhole
FK as Shaun said is good wax and you have its quick detailer and work perfectly

Good luck

Reactions: Dwyer9

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FK1000p is now my preferred LSP, however, before that I used AGHDW. But you could get away with AGSRP & then the EGP as EGP is not designed to have anything put over it ie a wax/sealant. After each wash use your #425 as a QD (quick detailer)
i shouldnt worry about waxing it then?

thanks guys for your help im definatly going to start a 2 bucket method as i read up about it today
Thanks [smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
No as your EGP is the LSP, you should not use a wax over EGP
Spot on Shaun
AND
Here is the answer from Autoglym:
Why are High Definition Wax and Extra Gloss Protection not recommended for use at the same time?A.High Definition Wax and Extra Gloss Protection perform a similar task. They both perform a sealant function, providing an excellent semi permanent surface that locks in polished paint and keeps contaminants out. New dirt and contaminants settle on top of the sealant layer making future cleaning easier as you need only clean this dirt off the sealant layer rather than having to remove it from the bare paintwork. Therefore there is no need to use them both. The benefit of High Definition Wax over Extra Gloss Protection is that it was designed to give the deepest and most durable shine of any of our products and is therefore the recommended choice for the connoisseur. It can achieve this higher level of finish due to the extra wax content.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.