2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front brake pads are worn out and I'm trying to find the best combo for better braking ..and less noise ...the original textar pads squeal like hell

I was thinking of ebc turbogroove with ferodo ds2500 or ebc yellowstuff..which pads build up heat faster and make less noise??

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
387 Posts
My front brake pads are worn out and I'm trying to find the best combo for better braking ..and less noise ...the original textar pads squeal like hell

I was thinking of ebc turbogroove with ferodo ds2500 or ebc yellowstuff..which pads build up heat faster and make less noise??

Thanks in advance...
What civic is it?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
EBC TG disks are excellent - opinions vary, re EBC pads ...

I've just bought my 2nd. set of their disks - but opted for Cosworth Street Master pads this time ...

Remember to do the brake hoses and fluid at the same time ...

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Im doing a brake upgrade soon. I've bought Type R calipers, braided lines and will be getting EBC turbo groove discs. Pads, I'm still undecided.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Im doing a brake upgrade soon. I've bought Type R calipers, braided lines and will be getting EBC turbo groove discs. Pads, I'm still undecided.
I already have the lines - Type R front Calipers, new EBC TG disks and Cosworth Sreet Master pads all round (both Type R fronts of course) ...

My current upgrade (see my signature) is actually quite good - for Norwegian speed limits - but don't really cut it, on long hard thrashes on European Motorways \ Autobahns (or the M6 Toll !) ...

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/section.php/116/1/brake---clutch-fluid (fluid) ---

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I already have the lines - Type R front Calipers, new EBC TG disks and Cosworth Sreet Master pads all round (both Type R fronts of course) ...

My current upgrade (see my signature) is actually quite good - for Norwegian speed limits - but don't really cut it, on long hard thrashes on European Motorways \ Autobahns (or the M6 Toll !) ...

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/section.php/116/1/brake---clutch-fluid (fluid) ---
I'm only doing it cause you are!
The standard brakes are pretty poor IMO. All my other Hondas have been great. I expect to feel a massive improvement if I do end up going for Ferodo pads.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I just bought Stoptech grooved discs, EBC redstuff pads, Goodridge braded braklines "6 lines" and Motul RBF600 brake fluid from ABP motorsport. It hasn´t arrived yet but I am sure it will be something of an upgrade over stock:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.