2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i have searched the forum left right and centre - if the answer is out there - i apologise as i didnt find it! :)

I need to replace the front pads on my CTR FN2 asap. I have the three of EBC red/Yellow and the Ferodo.

What ones are best for cold starts? - As i never intend to do any track/racing at all, and the car is my ride to work so plenty of cold starts.

From what i have read the Yellow is better but can someone kindly confirm - thanks!

Also, can someone outline the bedding in procedure for me please, as i always had it - just no heavy braking for 200 odd miles, however i did see somewhere about 10-40mph then brake etc... or something like that which makes me think more to the bedding in procedure than i thought!

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Cheers! :D

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I use mintex. As I only use it for the same as you. They have been brilliant and can not fault them. And also half the price of yellow stuff.

I've heard the 10-40mph procedure but not sure mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I searched the possibilites for the same requirements and found that Cosworth Streetmasters are the best. I will have them for my next pad change for sure.
+1

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
I used Project mu..think the type was called hc+ they were awesome!!highly recommended..for normal and track use..and works excellent on cold mornings too..gets better when they are warmed up too :)

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I'm using Mintex at the moment, their standard grade pads not their FR/Track pads

They are SUPERB for a 'normal' drive, my stopping distances have dropped (lines fluid and disks changed too though) but the pads are holding up well

Only complaint is the heat degradation, they aren't the best if your giving it a blast and continuously hard on them, they dont seem to last against the heat and lose performance quickly. (They do come back to optimal fairly quickly too though)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I searched the possibilites for the same requirements and found that Cosworth Streetmasters are the best. I will have them for my next pad change for sure.
+2 ...

I'm fitting CTR front disks and calipers, and Street Masters all round ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.