2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an hour of trying I finally managed to get the boot interior off to find where the leak was getting into my car. I believe its the weatherstrip located here

What part is this? And is it easy to replace myself? I have a service manual but there is no guide on replacing this seal.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Glass and the Plexiglass are all bonded together. You would be cheaper and easier to source a replacement tailgate in the correct colour than try to remove that.
Thanks, looks like its going to be £100+ for the part, might just risk keeping it under cover during rain.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The entire rear glass has to be removed if you want that replacement. Plus that strip btw doesn't keep out water look into boot leaking I've got a thread on it plus others have had input too

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
@dkkirk2016 tried filling it with silicone and give in and just bought another tailgate.
Yeh waisting £12 on sikaflex from Screwfix filled all the gaps possible still leaked in so went onto eBay found a second hand tailgate for £50 was in Halifax mind you im in the lakes so about 1hr 30mins drive and also went in a van won't fit in the civic as a spare all fixed happy days I wasn't putting my new led lights in a nackerd tailgate that leaks .

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts