2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll kick off with Focus suspension, and the VAG DSG semi-auto box. That would be my dream car.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Centrifugal Clutch from Citroen Dyane. It gradually cut out at below 1000 rpm, so it worked as an automatic in heavy traffic, but as a normal clutch once you got going. My Civic (2.2 EX) wants to travel at 6 mph at tickover in first, which means far too much clutch work in traffic queues. I would give my eye teeth for a decently low first gear.

Boot door reaching the boot floor (from Citroen CX amongst others)

Electrically dimming rear view and exterior mirrors (from Renault Laguna - however, without the now legendary Renault unreliability)

Satnav where you can switch off the sound, but keep the display (also Laguna, but again without the failure rate - don't ask). If anyone knows how to do this without losing all sound - I'd love to know how.

I love the car, but Honda seems to have a funny balance of features between the models.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Ancient (or is it Nerd ;) )

The Citroen clutch was ace (trafficlutch if I remember right) but not much good with more than 30 bhp. The boot lip has to be there to give a rigid body shell sadly (it's all compromise in design) - I think rigidity is more important. But the good news is you can sort the satnav voice - press menu, then go right for settings and set volume to off. If you ever need to hear a voice just on a one-off, press the knob and press voice.

Or just turn the radio off!

·
Gadgeteer
121 Posts
Dimming mirrors frm the MK5 Golf (not my old car but the wife's). POIs that aren't in France on the Sat Nav (used Tomtom in my Focus).

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Long press on the keyfob to open all the windows. A must on a hot day like today.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The "alarm set" LED flashing light on the top of the dashboard as my 307 was, not hidden away in the instrument console.

Very useful for that "did I lock the car" moment just after you get into bed when you can just look for the light out of the bedroom window. Especially in an ES.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My current car is a Renault Twingo so it doesn't have any features I would miss in the Civic. Except maybe the really small size which makes it easy to park. :)

But. I would love to have CVT transmission similar to that in Honda Jazz, if only it was technically possible. And a bit more comfortable suspension. Then the Civic would be The Perfect Car, it would have everything I've ever wanted in a car (without being super luxury car with a crazy high price).

The Suzuki SX4 had one cool feature I liked: when entering the car, the ignition keyhole was lit with a circular LED around it. Made it easy to find the lock even in the dark. Yes, I know, when you've had the car for a while you learn the lock's position, but it was still a nice feature.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Skaven252 said:
The Suzuki SX4 had one cool feature I liked: when entering the car, the ignition keyhole was lit with a circular LED around it. Made it easy to find the lock even in the dark. Yes, I know, when you've had the car for a while you learn the lock's position, but it was still a nice feature.
Doesn't it have that already? I'm sure it has some sort of green plastic ring around the ignition hole. :?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Speed limiter.

Going to miss that from my C4.

Of course the civic has cruise control like the C4 has, but this is not the same at all.

It's such a simple feature. I'm surprised that Honda have left it out, being as it is so useful on the average speed cameras that are popping up everywhere these days.

ste

·
Happy civic owner
535 Posts
Just made me thing of the windscreen washres that were powered by air pressure in the spare tyre of my old beetle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Birds Eye or 3D Sat nav display, makes a differeence when a lot of side roads close together - actually this should be a software upgrade so who knows?

Mike

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
The suspension, quality radio, windows that get wiped dry when you put them down on a wet day (it drives me mad when they come back up all wet and smeared on the Civic) and the safety feature of being able to just unlock the drivers door with the remote key, all from my previous car the Ford Focus.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Roof rails so I could very quickly clip on cross bars instead of messing around for 15 mins putting on the Honda roof rack

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
There's not much to say I'd port over from my elise (not keen on honda removing parts to make it like an elise) except maybe Rear wheel drive.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts