2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have read on here really the only way to get significantly increased power from the 1.8 engine is to SC it. my question is, has this been done? What kits are available and how much can one expect from a SC 1.8 an the engine was really designed for economy.:(

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
I dont think your going to get any decent gains out of the 1.8. YOu can s/c the K20 easy enough and remap the 2.2. But I think you've picked the wrong engine to tune Im afraid

·
Registered
80 Posts
Try putting "R18A turbo Kit" in to Google..... I have been looking at these kits but I don't think the Hondata FlashPro works with European ECU's yet...

They can come with a piggyback ECU's but also not sure if they are compatible either....

When I was chatting to my mate, who just happens to build performance engines, he had a look at the specs and he said the GT28 Turbo is quite small so it could well turn in to a restriction and it may stop it producing power after about 6,ooo rpm

Looks reasonably priced for the kit though... £2167.23 from Vivid racing....

All I need now is a massive bonus from work or to sell the wife and kids...

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like I have indeed choose the wrong engine. Cheers for the replys. Only 21 so early days yet. Insurance companies wouldn't be best pleased so il just wait till I eventually get an R:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts