2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Ok im picking our Honda Civic EX up on Wednesday but it hasnt got parking sensors which we wanted.

Honda offered 2 choices, one being Honda branded Parking Sensors for £550 or Third party sensors for £250, they said the third party are just as good as the Honda ones.

Do I have the third party ones fitted or shall I wait till ive got the car and ring round to see how much I can get it for? Can anybody else recomend any company to do the work?

I dont wanna try it myself cuz i know I will mess the bumper up :(

I live in Nuneaton by the way

Cheers

Sean

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would wait until you have the car, I bought Dolphin sensors for mine for around £50, I've had these in my last 3 cars and never had any problems with them. I can't imagine it would be to expensive to get them fitted, there's not alot to it, me and my other half have fitted all mine ourselves. :)

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
i'd shop round after you get the car tbh.....

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Yep, shop around... Lots of members have cisbo ones off eBay (appox £40 ) and they work well... In the early days of the forum there was stories of the stealers fitting these and scamming the customers saying the were genuine Honda ones :( ...... Some probably still doing it :police:

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,542 Posts
Hi all

Ok im picking our Honda Civic EX up on Wednesday but it hasnt got parking sensors which we wanted.

Honda offered 2 choices, one being Honda branded Parking Sensors for £550 or Third party sensors for £250, they said the third party are just as good as the Honda ones.

Do I have the third party ones fitted or shall I wait till ive got the car and ring round to see how much I can get it for? Can anybody else recomend any company to do the work?

Cheers

Sean
If this is a new 9G Civic then I would go for the Honda ones as they integrate with the Civic's i-Mid system. My MY09's sensors integrate with the dash as well so it would be worth checking out.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
If this is a new 9G Civic then I would go for the Honda ones as they integrate with the Civic's i-Mid system. My MY09's sensors integrate with the dash as well so it would be worth checking out.
Thats a good point actually, 8G from 2009 with proper Honda parking sensors can be switched on/off from the dash and a graphic of the despots being activated appears on the central display.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all

Cheers

Sean
You should have done more haggaling before doing the deal, I got Honda colour coded sensors fitted as part of the deal when I purchased mine 6 weeks ago.

Have you been in a Civic with the parking sensors working? If not I would before they fit them. The normal mount position for the speaker is in the rear pannel near the boot light. I took mine back after 2 days I could not hear the beep if I had the radio on I thought the speaker was faulty, after sitting in several other Civics with the service manager it was normal, so they moved the speaker to under the drivers side dash now it is fine (Maybe my hearing is not as good as it used to be), beter safe than sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.