2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have a 2008 2.2 Sport.

What is the factory standard alarm fitted, my insurance is due and I always just put factory fitted but wondered if it was anything better ie;

Factory fitted - Thatcham approved alarm / immobiliser
Factory fitted - Thatcham approved alarm
Factory fitted - Non Thatcham approved alarm / immobiliser
Factory fitted - Non Thatcham approved alarm

Any ideas ?

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I was under the understanding that at least CAT1 alarms were Thatcham approved - The 2008 Sport has the perimeter alarm and immobiliser, as it doesn't have the interior sensors it isn't CAT1 and therefore not Thatcham approved.

So you have option 3 on your list :)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
the S ad R ae all type 1 thatcham.... THINK thats THINK it goes across range

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments so far guys but how can I confirm for sure ?

Spoke to my local dealer and they were no use at all

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Look in that document I posted a link for - it confirms the alarm used is "ACU 7898 Alarm" this is a Thatcham approved alarm (Thatcham number TC2 – 1253/0902)

You can do the same for the immobiliser

So as long as you don't have the 1.4 you have Factory fitted - Thatcham approved alarm / immobiliser :)

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
So am i right in thinking that the 1.4 has a lower spec alarm?
Wonder why that is..... :confused:

Ive always said when obtaining a quote from any insurance company - "factory fitted" and have never been asked for any further details.
I suppose the thinking is that if you have a Thatcham Cat1, you might qualify for a slightly reduced premium.....but surely the insurance companies should know what the factory fitted system should be, and calculate your premium accordingly?

If you are talking about a superior aftermarket system then thats a different matter.....but i still wouldnt bank on a discount. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts