2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a regular lurker / occasional poster on here when I bought an FK2 back in 2013, the site was great back then... But now - err, almost every aspect of the site seems to be broken or otherwise in a worse state than it was 7 years ago!

So, what went so dreadfully wrong!?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dear, when did this happen?

As great as this site was I'm surprised somebody bought it, I can't imagine a niche forum website would be that profitable. And certainly not now it's being all but ruined! Seems like everybody loses - well apart from the previous owner, fair play to them though if the price was right, they couldn't have known the owners were going to destroy it.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,812 Posts
The exact same disaster recently happened to the Kia Owners Club forum, where I'm also a member (also now Vertical Scope operated). I hope to God they keep well away from the Volvo Forum where I mostly post now...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ha! forgot I had an ad-blocker in place, turn it off and I get get ads about caravan insurance... cool! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
It does make me quite sad to see what has happened. I have been a member over 10 years and back then it was without a doubt one of the best car forums I've been on. Now, in fairness, I suspect that civic ownership has fallen and there are a lot more forums out there now (back at the start this place was THE source for civic info).

Having said that, every time I do pop in, the site is either down (as it was a day or two ago) or stuff is broken. I think I only really lurk for old times sake as the "new" owners have yet to bring any improvements since they took over.

It wouldn't be so bad if they ever fixed anything. If we dealt with "escalated" issues at work in the way they do here we'd have closed down long long ago.

:-(

·
Administrator
1,328 Posts
I was a regular lurker / occasional poster on here when I bought an FK2 back in 2013, the site was great back then... But now - err, almost every aspect of the site seems to be broken or otherwise in a worse state than it was 7 years ago!

So, what went so dreadfully wrong!?
Which broken parts are you referring to specifically? The best thing we can do for you guys at this point is make sure your voices are heard by the right developers who can address and resolve these issues quickly. If you care to provide feedback we will do what we can to resolve these issues.

Thanks!
~Austin

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Most of the items have been identified to you, the stock reply we get is that they are being escalated, but never seem to be resolved.

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
There are loads of @Civ_Admin tags around all over the place pointing out problems. But as @tricky70 says, they just don't seem to get acknowledged, let alone fixed.
Does @Civ_Admin work for Civ_Admin and flag it up as a notification?
Let's see how long it takes to get an answer to that direct question. (posted 19:00 GMT 10/02/20)

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Which broken parts are you referring to specifically? The best thing we can do for you guys at this point is make sure your voices are heard by the right developers who can address and resolve these issues quickly. If you care to provide feedback we will do what we can to resolve these issues.

Thanks!
~Austin
Can not edit posts as mentioned a couple of weeks ago! Not fixed but others can, on the brink of loosing yet another member because the voice isn't heard unfortunately. A bit of feed back would go a long way, rather than us posting the problems and nothing happening or even an update.
Weekly updates would help keep members if you listed the problems WE have raised with a status next to them as to where you are with them.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
I suggested a 'master list' weeks ago, but the idea was rejected as unnecessary.
What I suspect is that 'they' didn't want a visible list of all the 'problems' highly visible in one place.
Consequently, they are scattered around all over the place and the tag @Civ_Admin obviously doesn't work as it so very rarely gets a response. [sigh]

·
Administrator
1,328 Posts
There are loads of @Civ_Admin tags around all over the place pointing out problems. But as @tricky70 says, they just don't seem to get acknowledged, let alone fixed.
Does @Civ_Admin work for Civ_Admin and flag it up as a notification?
Let's see how long it takes to get an answer to that direct question. (posted 19:00 GMT 10/02/20)
You have to post in the Volunteer staff support or Community support sections for us to get the notifications.

Do you have any examples or major pain points we can look at?

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
So what you seem to be telling me is that I have to search for all the @Civ_Admin tags that you did not bother to tell me don't actually flag you unless I put them is some secret location that ATM I am unable to find on our forum. Presumably what you actually mean is THIS thread that is admins and mods only?

Some time ago when I suggested a 'snagging list' the idea was poo pooed. So I gave up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts