2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started this morning now happens every time I start the car, you won't believe how annoying it is.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
That's the nice dash board lady, she has lost her voice and is using morse code to tell you to take it to the steamers

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
is there someone hiding in the back playing the spoons???

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
As asndyp suggested - the dealership should be your first stop!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but don't think I'm going to get it in until Monday or tuesday it being easter weekend.

And it seems to have stopped for the time being...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a little look, its a servo jarring!!!

Seems to be the one that controls the hot air as I'm not getting any now!

And the noise only stopped as the arm on the servo snapped off, Little trip to the dealers tomorrow.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Glad that you found the problem before you went to the dealers - this way you can tell them what to fix!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I may dumb it down a little as theres always the possibility they try to say it was my fault and charge me rather than do it under warranty...

"The clicking stopped and I found this plasic arm in the footwell, oh and theres no heating"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it adds an extra £1300 to the price of the car when purchasing from new.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Probably the electronic servo that operates the heater has rounded out the splines on the flap causing the servo so spin round and round,jeep cherokee's suffer the same problem,usually heater box out and replace flap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts