2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Made in Japan
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was driving back from Warwick to Birmingham down the M40 the other day and I hear some really bad screech sound from the bottom of my car. I park up on the hard shoulder look underneath and find this metal plate hanging half off the bottom of my civic.

Then I decided to slowly drive back but before I knew it when I got near my home the screeching got a whole lot worse no matter how fast or slow I was going. When I got a closer look at it I noticed the metal plate was attached to the car by black cable ties! It looks like the previous owner had the same problem when they had it more than 2 years back and thought it was a good idea to use cable ties instead of screwing it back on :facepalm: . I then had to remove the cable ties from underneath the car using scissors :(.

I suppose it was inevitable that it was gonna happen one day since it had been fixed on by cable ties. But now that its off I really don't have a clue what its for and whether its important or that I should put it back on asap. Has anyone had this problem before? Could someone tell me what it actually is? Any help is much appreciated...

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
same happened to me mate, i took it off and threw it away, just a heat shield, made no difference. i wanted to repair it but the plastic panel it screws onto covers half the front of the car & it was the holes on the plastic bit that were damaged.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Had to cable tie mine back on bolts rust then the plate falls off. Tie it back up or rip it off upto you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts