2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I would like to check sometimes my cal but I don't know which parameters to check. Do I need a WOT run or part throttle?

Can someone say me which parameters are important to check sometimes, just to know if all are good with my car? Knock, AFM, etc?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi guys!

I would like to check sometimes my cal but I don't know which parameters to check. Do I need a WOT run or part throttle?

Can someone say me which parameters are important to check sometimes, just to know if all are good with my car? Knock, AFM, etc?
I think if it's ok last year or week it's ok now too, but if there are some sensor failure, that is different story.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hi guys!

Check AFR at WOT and make sure between 12.5-13.1 or thereabouts to make sure your not running excessive lean or rich conditions.

You can also check for knock counts to make sure your not getting too much. Excess ignition will give you lots of knock counts.

Those are the main parts, but im sure theres some experts on here who can advise other areas to check.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check AFR at WOT and make sure between 12.5-13.1 or thereabouts to make sure your not running excessive lean or rich conditions.

You can also check for knock counts to make sure your not getting too much. Excess ignition will give you lots of knock counts.

Those are the main parts, but im sure theres some experts on here who can advise other areas to check.
Can I ask, What is the point of check, if there is nothing changed? As I understand it, the program does not change by itself.

Or should we all check own calibration within a given period?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Can I ask, What is the point of check, if there is nothing changed? As I understand it, the program does not change by itself.

Or should we all check own calibration within a given period?
There isnt any point really I guess, but when/if you decide to check then these are the main things.

I would prob check mine every now and again.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi guys!

You can send your calibration and a few datalogs to me if you want and I will check it out.
I need a 25-30 minute part throttle datalog and a 3td gear WOT datalog.

My email adress:

[email protected]

Paul.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vit made my tune. His job is perfect.

It's just to check if I have my filter too dirty and I've to change it for example. Or with the weather if all is ok, because here in Switzerland in winter the temperature was about -15°C and in summer about 25-30°C (I don't know if it changes something).

I know my car run good, but if I can have more knowledge I can sleep better :)

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Vit made my tune. His job is perfect.

It's just to check if I have my filter too dirty and I've to change it for example. Or with the weather if all is ok, because here in Switzerland in winter the temperature was about -15°C and in summer about 25-30°C (I don't know if it changes something).

I know my car run good, but if I can have more knowledge I can sleep better :)
Vit normally adjusts cals if something minor has changed.

Send him a email with a WOT run and a 25 min part throttle run and he will check it. One of the good things with Vit is he is more than happy to pass on his knowledge in detail, so he will explain what sort of things you should look at in datalogs etc.

He will also be able to show you the signs of failing sensors.

Alternatively send me those logs via email and Ill have a look for you and try to help.

PM sent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.