2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys/girls ive currently got a ex civic on a finance plan where i am paying for the total cost of the vehicle over 4 years but i want a type R for my 21st in November would i be able to trade the car in for the Type r and change the finance to pcp without any extra cost having to be paid?

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
hi guys/girls ive currently got a ex civic on a finance plan where i am paying for the total cost of the vehicle over 4 years but i want a type R for my 21st in November would i be able to trade the car in for the Type r and change the finance to pcp without any extra cost having to be paid?
how many years have you had your finance for mate? the general rule is that the first year you are soley paying interest (i.e. your not making a dent in the amount you actually borrowed)...basically if you've had the car for over 2 years (more than half the finance term) you should be able to just hand them the car back and then start a new pcp for the CTR, if you dont want to do that (or if you cannot do this in the T&C's of the current deal) then it will be simply a case of trading the car in against the CTR...if the car is worth more than whats left on the finance you'll have the difference left to put down on the CTR, if its worth less than whats left then whatever deposit you put down for the CTR will be reduced by the amount you need to pay off the remainder (difference between the value of the car and whats left on the finance) of the finance.

hope this helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts