2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads

The wait on my ordered parts is long when you want to get on with it:( I was wondering what kind of figures I can expect from my mods which are:

RRC inlet manifold
J35 TB
Tegiwa race manifold with 400 cell cat
Tegiwa single exit catback
Hondata heat shield
HKS RSK with TDI heat shield
Hondata flash pro with Etune from Vitviper.

What should I expect bhp and torque wise from these mods on a dyno?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Around the 230 mark are you fitting the cat or using the silencer instead? With the cat fitted the exhurst will be louder I'd get it mapped without the cat.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the input guys:D on the 23 of September the car is going on the dyno at a car meet here in Denmark so excited to see how it performs:popcorn:

I guess cams are next in line but very expensive so won't be at least until next year.
The big question is which cams to go for and how much including fitting?

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
true paul, but no point having dreamy figures from a happy dyno if you aint really got the power to show from it.
Figures are only for pub talk anyway Colin, its how it drives that matters.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well don't know the name of the dyno but it is measured in the eqf standard I think it is called and not DIN standard. So it should be close to the actual power. It is the standard that all car manufactures in Europe measure their cars after I been told.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Well don't know the name of the dyno but it is measured in the eqf standard I think it is called and not DIN standard. So it should be close to the actual power. It is the standard that all car manufactures in Europe measure their cars after I been told.
They are all different and give different readings. Nothing to worry about, when I had my car mapped the improvement figures wise was not vast however the transformation in how the car drove / felt was night and day. :D

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I got 219 with a rsk and milltek cat back, then remapped at tdi north via flashpro

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all your feedback:)

As you say stock cams will now be the bottleneck with my new setup and therefore the sensible thing to change next but:confused:

There are some things I would like to know. I will keep the car for 2-3 years longer and when time comes and it has to go I will take off all the performance parts and sell them second hand. This is not a debate to sell the car with the mods so please bear with me:) This is from a economic point of view.

So which drop in cams should I consider for best value and performance if any taken into account that the car will be sold in stock form?

Am I right thinking that many of the aftermarket drop in cams can´t be driven normally on a stock car with stock software right? So they have to come out when selling the car 2-3 years from now.
How labour intensive is it to have aftermarket drop in cams fitted and taken out?
Are there any aftermarket drop in cams that can be driven with no problems on a stock CTR?

I was thinking of FD2 cams or other drop in cams:)
What sort of power can I expect from these drop in cams?

So if any of you have some input/knowledge please feel free to speak up:popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Cam swaps need mapped end of, no easy way around it, to swap out a set of cams to sell on makes no economical sense imo, thats the best part of a day for a simple drop in cam swap back to OEM.

If your swapping cams it's best to sell the car with them in as you will not make any money from removing them.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers for your fast reply:)

But can the car run normally on for example FD2 cams on stock calibration/no hondata flashpro?

Cam swaps need mapped end of, no easy way around it, to swap out a set of cams to sell on makes no economical sense imo, thats the best part of a day for a simple drop in cam swap back to OEM.

If your swapping cams it's best to sell the car with them in as you will not make any money from removing them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts