2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my roof and mirror's carbon wrapped on Tuesday but that leaves me with a bit of an issue. What do I upgrade next.

For now & only now my mod list is inline with my current budget. I'm going on holiday so don't want to spend loads just yet. List below;

- Red Samco Hose's (breather & Coolant)
- Eibach's (although not 100% as I've got rage's"
- Window Tint's
- Grooved & Drilled disks

I'm eventually going to get the GP kit and get the black parts carbon wrapped. But that will be a few months yet.

Not particularly a MOD but was planning on painting the calipers, RED or Yellow.

Feedback wanted...:D

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
I'm getting my roof and mirror's carbon wrapped on Tuesday but that leaves me with a bit of an issue. What do I upgrade next.

For now & only now my mod list is inline with my current budget. I'm going on holiday so don't want to spend loads just yet. List below;

- Red Samco Hose's (breather & Coolant)
- Eibach's (although not 100% as I've got rage's"
- Window Tint's
- Grooved & Drilled disks

I'm eventually going to get the GP kit and get the black parts carbon wrapped. But that will be a few months yet.

Not particularly a MOD but was planning on painting the calipers, RED or Yellow.

Feedback wanted...:D
probably the brake discs mate, if your going to do the calipers,why not put some nice discs on there too. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
LSD! By miles one of the best mods

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Balance shaft delete kit! 10hp without any need for mapping!!

I'm no expert but is that not a bit excessive for a mild engine tune, I thought it was only justifiable if you've got/getting loads of bhp with a forced air system??? If i'm wrong i'm sorry.

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
I'd go with the eibachs mate, just cause that's what I intend to do next. I'm also running rages but have been advised before that it is still worth doing.

I did think about the Balance shaft killer kit but as far as I know its like 5 hours labour to fit.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. Eibach it is then.

Not so much on a budget but want to have a great holiday also & can start on higher end mod's when I come back. Need a ride up to TDI North asap.

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
I'm no expert but is that not a bit excessive for a mild engine tune, I thought it was only justifiable if you've got/getting loads of bhp with a forced air system??? If i'm wrong i'm sorry.
The 10bhp figure came from my car. It had a Magnex exhaust, a HKS RSK, and Flashpro and it made 10bhp more on the same rollers after fitting the delete kit.

It wasn't remapped after fitting, so no reason to expect a standard car wouldn't have a similar benefit as all of the gains are from removing parasitic losses from the engine.

No need to be sorry, I was surprised when I saw the figures if I'm honest.

Thanks all. Eibach it is then.

Not so much on a budget but want to have a great holiday also & can start on higher end mod's when I come back. Need a ride up to TDI North asap.
Cracking choice, getting the handling of the car set-up properly is one of the most dramatic and beneficial mods you can do.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
The 10bhp figure came from my car. It had a Magnex exhaust, a HKS RSK, and Flashpro and it made 10bhp more on the same rollers after fitting the delete kit.

It wasn't remapped after fitting, so no reason to expect a standard car wouldn't have a similar benefit as all of the gains are from removing parasitic losses from the engine.

No need to be sorry, I was surprised when I saw the figures if I'm honest.

Cracking choice, getting the handling of the car set-up properly is one of the most dramatic and beneficial mods you can do.
I still wonder if my missing 10-15bhp is due to that pump ... mmm

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
I still wonder if my missing 10-15bhp is due to that pump ... mmm
Yours did dyno exactly the same figure as mine after you fitted the HKS exhaust and Paul remapped it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Yours did dyno exactly the same figure as mine after you fitted the HKS exhaust and Paul remapped it. :lol:
Yeah but Im at 230bhp now, Should be 240bhp+

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Unless you are doing track day after track day I would advise groved discs and not drilled.

Drilled tend to wear and break quicker.

I would go Eibachs then save for FRS. Such a huge difference.

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
Yeah but Im at 230bhp now, Should be 240bhp+
not necessarily ash, mine was 229 bhp before balance delete kit, fd2 cams and hks rsk, and 235bhp after, so you cant say that the delete kit will give me 10bhp and the cams will give another 8bhp, it doesnt work like that mate.

·
Born Fighter
542 Posts
off topic a little bit i have the ABP FRS and 30mm Eibach springs, is there much difference in the TDI FRS?or are they the same geometry settings

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
not necessarily ash, mine was 229 bhp before balance delete kit, fd2 cams and hks rsk, and 235bhp after, so you cant say that the delete kit will give me 10bhp and the cams will give another 8bhp, it doesnt work like that mate.
Thats the point Im making, delete kit isnt going to give someone 10bhp guarenteed.

It didnt me, and it hasnt you. It shouldnt be put forward as a 10bhp+ mod.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
off topic a little bit i have the ABP FRS and 30mm Eibach springs, is there much difference in the TDI FRS?or are they the same geometry settings
TDI dont disclose their FRS settings.

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
Thats the point Im making, delete kit isnt going to give someone 10bhp guarenteed.

It didnt me, and it hasnt you. It shouldnt be put forward as a 10bhp+ mod.
yes i agree ash, but i think these figures are quoted as a stand alone mod, going straight onto a bog standard ctr. this would be were these figures come from.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts