2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Which fuel does your CTR drink

• Normal 95 RON Unleaded

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Shell V Power Unleaded

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • BP Ulltimate Unleaded

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I dont have a CTR but just wanted to vote!

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Supermarket Unleaded 97 RON

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • It varies which brand I use

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just got my FN2 Type R today :)

The dealer recommended not using higher octane fuels until the first service. He said to use regular and not premium unleaded also. I asked him why and he said "it was for warranty purposes".
Anyone have any recommendations or info?

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Hello and welcome !!!
I use Optimax or BP Ultimate

·
Form & Function
233 Posts
Only V-Pover in my CTR ! :D

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Love that number plate , is it real ??

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
This thread has been done before .... sorry :( , but i use virgins tears in mine ..... i can never find any in Yorkshire though [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Hi all

Just got my FN2 Type R today :)
Congratulations! Enjoy :D

The dealer recommended not using higher octane fuels until the first service. He said to use regular and not premium unleaded also. I asked him why and he said "it was for warranty purposes".
Anyone have any recommendations or info?
Really!! I think your dealer needs to explain that statement.

Not yet had my first service done and i've been mainly using BP Ultimate or Tesco Premium (when you can get 5p/litre off)
What could this possibly do to my car to affect the warranty :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy :D

Really!! I think your dealer needs to explain that statement.

Not yet had my first service done and i've been mainly using BP Ultimate or Tesco Premium (when you can get 5p/litre off)
What could this possibly do to my car to affect the warranty :confused:
Running on higher octane fuels gives higher boost pressures, if the Engine is not run in correctly then this could have some impact on the engine.

"Higher octane fuels actually allow the fuel to evaporate more readily in the engine, especially at high engine speeds, leading to more complete combustion, smoother, more responsive operation, better engine breathing and increased performance"

So in order to get the best usage out of the higher octane you need to be revving in the high rev ranges - which you don't really want to do until the car has run in :D

To be honest with you Type-R drivers, I don't think you will get the best out of the high octane fuels whilst normal driving, you certainly will on a track though ;)

Spacey - don't worry - if you want to use high octane then go for it - just observe the run in period as specified in the Wiki and everything will be OK :D

Reactions: R-2

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
Running on higher octane fuels gives higher boost pressures, if the Engine is not run in correctly then this could have some impact on the engine.

"Higher octane fuels actually allow the fuel to evaporate more readily in the engine, especially at high engine speeds, leading to more complete combustion, smoother, more responsive operation, better engine breathing and increased performance"

So in order to get the best usage out of the higher octane you need to be revving in the high rev ranges - which you don't really want to do until the car has run in :D

To be honest with you Type-R drivers, I don't think you will get the best out of the high octane fuels whilst normal driving, you certainly will on a track though ;)

Spacey - don't worry - if you want to use high octane then go for it - just observe the run in period as specified in the Wiki and everything will be OK :D

i get better MPG with 97 /98 ron

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
i get better MPG with 97 /98 ron
An so you will as the fuel is burning more efficiently - especially if you use V-Power as this has added cleaning agents as well :D

I always used it in my Corolla T-Sport as It was always running in 'lift' [smilie=lil_red_dev:

GF said it was a waste of money but the extra performance was well worth it

·
Registered
303 Posts
BP Ultimate in mine ..........

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
shell v-power in mine all the time

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
BP ultimate, for some reason I've yet to find any shell garages selling V power over here, would like to try it, seems to be well thought of.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
"Esso 98 ron" ... the best that I have been able to find over here ...

·
Registered
225 Posts
The number plate

It may NOT be real by I know a guy with a Porsche GT3 with P15 AFF (the glasgow term for P155 OFF)

Laugh every time I see it

1 - 20 of 50 Posts