2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tormented by Mods
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all just browsing the net on wich type of wireless reversing camera kit to buy or aftermarket sensors

has any one got one of these and fitted one, any recommendations on what to got for?

cheers dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
I fancy these ones:

No Holes Parking Sensor | Parking Dynamics Reverse Sensor

They are electromagnetic as opposed to ultrasonic.

Anyways it means they are not as sensitive, but they are more accurate, but the best thing is, there are none of those visible sensors on display. The ultrasonic sensor curves discretely round the inside of your bumper.

·
Tormented by Mods
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had a look at them sensors today on there site they look the business, you can make them more sensitive if you put two strips around the inside of the bumper just the scary bit of mounting car on axels taking the wheels off and the rear bumper scary stuff but surrpose it not as hard as it looks (i say this now then next week ill be in search of a new rear bumper) :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
had a look at them sensors today on there site they look the business, you can make them more sensitive if you put two strips around the inside of the bumper just the scary bit of mounting car on axels taking the wheels off and the rear bumper scary stuff but surrpose it not as hard as it looks (i say this now then next week ill be in search of a new rear bumper) :(

Why would you have to jack up to take the bumper off?

Does it not come off without jacking it up?

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Now that i like!!! very neat indeed!

For the full kit with visual is around £155!!! Defo on my want list!

Edit: My only problem with these is you don't know how close your corners are...

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Henry, how do you mean? Surely you'll be looking anyway through the rear window and the side mirrors, the sensor is just there for the lower obstacles you can't see? Or am I missing something about this sensor that the ultrasound ones do?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
That looks very interesting. Considering getting a reverse camera when i get the new HU in. A front and rear kit with just a beeper would complement that very nicely.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I fitted these on my civic, did the two strips and masked of with tape and still they failed, got allsorts of beeps coming of the machine, i've read in these threads that they don't suit the civic bumper coz of the metal behind the bumper.

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
I couldn't be happier with my sensors and rear view cam for the civic.

I went for a Image Sensor: 1/4" SHARP CCD with a Resolution: 512*582 Pixels and 7" rear view reverse mirror / screen.

Comes on soon as i put it into reverse and has a controller.

·
Tormented by Mods
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah yours did look very tidy indeed roundy, id like somethink like that but i havnt got the balls to drill my bumper lol been looking at the licence plate mounted ones wirless reciver and 3" lcd monitor they look ideal just i know what the little chavs are like round my end, it would go walkies

·
Registered
1 Posts
Davids

Hello everyone,

I think 4Kam VU Wireless Safety Cameras is best.
You probably think you're a good driver so why should you bother fitting them to your vehicle? Well it makes sense on a number of levels, for example having a rear view camera will not only improve your visibility but it's likely to save you money too as their use will often reduce your insurance premiums!

Sounds good doesn't it! Well check out the products we offer below and see which you might find useful.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Roundy,

Where did you get the camera mate, and do you know if it will connect to the Satmnav using Bog's cable?

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts