2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tyres suit the Type R. Spirited dry performance

I used Nankang ns2r soft compound on my previous cars but diff setup rear drive, mid engine.

On my old EP3 had proxes T1R, they were good but looking for a more capable tyre.

Michelin pilot sport 4 get good reviews?
What are people using on here ?

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
Goodyear F1 AS3 at the moment.
Grip like a good 'un and have lasted 18k miles so far with about 4mm left all round after one f to r swap.
Will be going for the AS5 next time round as my driving doesn't warrant the extra cost of the PS4.

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
Yes but do well in the wet & cold if you drive to the conditions.
Only get snow & ice where I live every 3 years or so, so can't say how they perform in a proper winter environment.

·
i-Vtec
2,786 Posts
Im on the same Goodyears as Wilmo, same sort of mileage, very good wear, good wet weather performance. Reviews saying ASY 5's a better tyre, Goodyear Supersport series getting good reviews now too.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Quite like the Michelin primacy 4, more of a comfort orientated tyre but still have a decent amount of grip!

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
friend just fitted the primacy to his golf gtd

I was going to fit asy 5's but got 4 pilot sport 4's for £250
they were cheap at time from camskill and £75 instant cash back if bought 4 on Michelin offer
couldn't refuse at that price (y)
but gotta fit them myself for that price

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a steal tbh.
Please give your feedback on them. What you running right now?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies so far guys .

I'm after a sports focused tyre not to bothered about comfort or wear at this time.

Some tyres may seem overkill for the civic but I'm used sticky rubber on my previous cars

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
That's a steal tbh.
Please give your feedback on them. What you running right now?
at the moment I have goodyear asy 3 on rear which havnt been on that long and are on 2 spare wheels I picked up cheap
on the front im running Pirelli cinturato which I don't rate at all slightest bit of damp and they spin out of junctions even with the low power of the 1.6 diesel

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got a set of Continental Extremecontact Sports from 4wheelonline. Dry traction is amazing with strong braking and cornering response. They are good in the rain also.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got Goodyear F1 assymetric 5's on mine, very good in the wet and dry, fairly quiet and do last well (main reason for fitting them)
I liked the Uniroyal Rainsport 3's very grippy, very comfy but very soft (only got about 6000 miles on the front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got Nitto tires from 4WheelOnline for my 2006 Honda Civic, and it is running perfectly. I am also planning to get Mud grapplers for my Honda Ridgeline because 4WheelOnline is offering it at an excellent price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts