2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all!

Hope everyone is well ^_^

Looking at two new fronts in a few weeks and wonder what everyone runs?

I think I am, based on internet browsings, going to go for the Pilot Sports or Asyms, but open to suggestion!

I don't do track days so only for normal driving....cheers!

Chris

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes! sorry, think asy 3's or Pilot Sport 4's atm, erring towards the Michelins based on forum chatter elsewhere though, what do you think?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have Goodyear Performance efficient Grip on each corner - just had the front 2 replaced like for like. Last about 3 years or 25000 miles.
Have found them to be an excellent all rounder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
I brought some uniroyal rainsport 3's found them great tyres for the money when I had my fn2 replaced my as2 's when they worn out

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Both really good tyres but I'd go for the Michelin. I've found the Goodyear to be good, but sidewall is too soft.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Both really good tyres but I'd go for the Michelin. I've found the Goodyear to be good, but sidewall is too soft.

Yep, I have the goodyear efficient Grip on all 4 corners, for what I need (a-b car) they suit me fine but cornering fast I don't think their suited for that with it's soft tyre wall. You get nice ride/quietness for a trade off.

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
I have AS3 goodyears all round.
Good tyre with confidence to chuck it around even in the wet.
Soft side walls maybe but that does help soak up a little bit of the road bumps.
Michelins are more expensive so it rather depends on your pocket, Blackcircles were doing a deal on AS3s.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
I have AS3 goodyears all round.
Good tyre with confidence to chuck it around even in the wet.
Soft side walls maybe but that does help soak up a little bit of the road bumps.
Michelins are more expensive so it rather depends on your pocket, Blackcircles were doing a deal on AS3s.
Exactly the reason I went for the Goodyear AS3s.

Asda Tyres were the cheapest place I found. £356 for four fitted.

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everyone for the replies :) i went for the michelins based on your and other peoples recommendations!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I was at TDI the other week and they're running Kumho Ecsta PS91s on their FK8. Gave them rave reviews. I'm going to give them a go next after the set of Michelin PS4s I've got on. They're only £66 a tyre from Blackcircles too.

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Which Michelins? Pilot Sport 4?
yeah i went for the pilot sport 4's, my garage had them for £108 each, also michelin were/are offering £20 pre-paid visa cashback upon proof of purchase of which I provided and have received said card, so technically only £98 a tyre :) they seem great so far, only really tested them in the dry and they corner really really well

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
I was at TDI the other week and they're running Kumho Ecsta PS91s on their FK8. Gave them rave reviews. I'm going to give them a go next after the set of Michelin PS4s I've got on. They're only £66 a tyre from Blackcircles too.
Might have a bash, getting boring running semi slicks all year round. I don't drive in snow or much rain but with these low temps it's like driving on banana peels until they get some heat in them lol!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I've got Yokohama Advan Sports. No problems with them.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Might have a bash, getting boring running semi slicks all year round. I don't drive in snow or much rain but with these low temps it's like driving on banana peels until they get some heat in them lol!
I'd be terrified on semis at the minute! I'm definitely going to give these Kumhos a go - if they're good enough for a torquey 400BHP+ car then they should easily be good enough for my FN.

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
I've been running AD08r's for over a year and they still have over 4mm of tread. Didn't give me a problem last winter, including snow. I drive cautiously in the wet, greasy conditions anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts