2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I daily drive my civic type r and want to keep to stock oem wheels. What are my tyre optons for thicker tyres that give greater longevity.

Will michilin pilot sport 4 tyres fit or what is recommended thanks

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
I intend to put PS4’s on mine when the Conti’s have worn out. They’ve got great reviews. I’m going for 255/30 as I know they won’t rub. Want the extra width for possible track day use later. I know you can increase the sidewalk to 35 but it alters the speedometer slightly. That would help slightly with potholes etc.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I’ve just hit 7200 miles and had to look for an Alternative I’ve got for 255/35 Goodyear f1 a2’s you can feel the difference straight away the handling is still as tight but it doesn’t hurt your spine every time you hit a manhole cover.
They do look a lot meaner tho,-they literally fill the wheel arch I can’t even get my hand to inner side of the tyre on the rear anymore! plus at sub £160 I don’t mind if they wear out every 7k

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
I’ve just hit 7200 miles and had to look for an Alternative I’ve got for 255/35 Goodyear f1 a2’s you can feel the difference straight away the handling is still as tight but it doesn’t hurt your spine every time you hit a manhole cover.
They do look a lot meaner tho,-they literally fill the wheel arch I can’t even get my hand to inner side of the tyre on the rear anymore! plus at sub £160 I don’t mind if they wear out every 7k
Since my first post I’ve looked at a few alternative sizes. PS4S are cheaper at 255/35 than the oem specs. I’ll probably go for them and save about £50 a tyre.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Having fitted 255 35 20 I will confirm the Speedo still over reads but only by around half a mph, however they are a very common size so a lot better priced and more choice. I have covered just over 4k on uniroyal rainsports and have to admit very impressed by them while they cost just over £420 for 4. Fronts not even half worn so they was worth the money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since my first post I’ve looked at a few alternative sizes. PS4S are cheaper at 255/35 than the oem specs. I’ll probably go for them and save about £50 a tyre.

Black circles have an offer at the moment on Pilot sport 4, not sure how long it will last though. £15 off if you buy a pair, £40 off a full set. For me it's worked out to £375 fitted for all

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Black circles have an offer at the moment on Pilot sport 4, not sure how long it will last though. £15 off if you buy a pair, £40 off a full set. For me it's worked out to £375 fitted for all
Yes seen that. They usually have offers on. It was 10% off a few weeks back although the tyre price was higher. I’ve seen 255/35 R20 for sale on Camskill cheaper (even after this discount) by a couple of pound. Just keep my eyes peeled for the time being. Not desperate for them yet. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes seen that. They usually have offers on. It was 10% off a few weeks back although the tyre price was higher. I’ve seen 255/35 R20 for sale on Camskill cheaper (even after this discount) by a couple of pound. Just keep my eyes peeled for the time being. Not desperate for them yet. :)
Ahh I may have got a bit exited about that offer then :serious:I’ve always leased so literally never had to buy tyres before aha..

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
New PS4s fitted last week. Went for R20 255 35. Speedo still over reads slightly. Shows 31mph at 30mph (against gps). Ride wise it’s a lot smoother. Still get plenty of feedback through the steering wheel. Small pot holes don’t knock your teeth out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts