2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,,,
Saw the civics at Silverstone and really loved them.

Was leaning towards spending £7k on a Civic but baby on the way so need 2 cars now. One will be a Note and the other my daily driver.
https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/
Budget is now £4k and will be maybe June next year. Loving the Type S looks and economy compared to a focus of the same age.

Just wondering what this budget will get me? Grey faded trim for sure but hoping to keep it under 75k.

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Someone at my work recently bought a lovely 11 plate Type S, on 66k, for £4000. Very clean, an absolute bargain! It keeps my car company every day :)

·
i-Vtec
1,722 Posts
Cant see you not getting a 10 plate for that sort of money. If they are over that they must very low milers. You can pick up a Type R for less than 4k these days.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't go out and buy the lowest mileage one for the highest price.
If I saw two identical cars, one with 88K miles and one with 25K miles I'd pick the 88K everyday of the week. Cars hate sitting around not being driven, especially if they're sat on grass the rubber bushes start deteriorating etc. Petrol ones I'd buy up until about 85K miles, diesels about 100K, you're still getting good life out of them at that mileage but the suspension etc will start to deteriorate.
Plus you're buying a Honda.

If it was a Golf R or something then yes, mileage is important. A 50K miles Golf R drives like a bag of nails compared to a <20K miles Golf R. On normal cars this isn't a problem.

Also if you're looking for a diesel, hold out a year or two. The Euro 4 & 5 diesels are significantly dropping in value due to ULEZ, which are set to come into most town centres.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Also if you're looking for a diesel, hold out a year or two. The Euro 4 & 5 diesels are significantly dropping in value due to ULEZ, which are set to come into most town centres.
So that restricts travel options a bit!
1.8 petrol is EU5 so has a longer "eco" life

·
Registered
10 Posts
I paid about 4k for my 2011 2.2 GT a couple of months back from a Honda dealer who took it in PX - well worth looking out for these or ringing round a few dealers maybe.

Mine had 75k on the clock, FHSH, a years Honda roadside assistance and I managed to haggle a years warranty out of them for an extra hundred quid.

So I'd say 4k can get you a pretty nice motor, I imagine a 1.8 would be lower mileage than a diesel at that price point as they still demand a premium regardless of the emissions hijinks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts