2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps
what will a FRS do for my car, and what exactly do they do for this???
Hope there is some boffin that can tell me in laymen's terms :)
Cheers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that rowbo but can you give me a bit more info ?
As in what exactly they do for a FRS cheers.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
They fit lowering springs and camber bolts. These are lobed like camshafts and allow them to adjust the angle of the hub realitive to the shock body. They also adjust toe using the standard tie rod ends.

At the rear because there is no adjustment they strip the hub down and rebuild it using shims that are cut at angles to set the camber and toe and specific settings.

It really only is a fancy wheel alignment but due to certain restraints you need special parts to do it on our cars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha cheers rowbo,
Thanks for the info stoney that's good to know.
So would you recommend it then ?
Because I was thinking of a set of eibach springs then getting the FRS done.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Believe it or not I don't have it done. I have the springs etc in and I own the camber bolts lol.

I am booked into Grin speed this Thursday for it on my way to Spa.

Having driven a car with it done I can say its fantastic, the turn in is much faster nd the car changes direction so quickly and precisely. Can't wait to get mine done.

·
cooks chix&b.bean sauce
1,399 Posts
Definitely recommend it buddy! It feels great, complete transformation of the way it handles. One of the top mods you can do IMO

:)

Sent from Lai-Phone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Believe it or not I don't have it done. I have the springs etc in and I own the camber bolts lol.

I am booked into Grin speed this Thursday for it on my way to Spa.

Having driven a car with it done I can say its fantastic, the turn in is much faster nd the car changes direction so quickly and precisely. Can't wait to get mine done.
You wont regret it, stevie did mine, excellent bloke and excellent mechanic.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
I can't see how adding toe can increase tyre life it will wear more on the inside

I had springs and frs done this week and I would recommend both

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I can't see how adding toe can increase tyre life it will wear more on the inside

I had springs and frs done this week and I would recommend both
Depends how it was before!

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Hi mate,

When i first got my type-r was only interested in power mods.

However after doing a trackday i've now realised the best thing you can do to your car is improve the brakes and suspension... FRS is a superb mod, transofmrs the car completely.

Improve power, sort FRS & Brakes = one hell of a car.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
I always thought people saying the eibachs improved the ride was placebo effect and never bought into it but the ride is so bad I had to try something, and lo and behold it does make a difference!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts