2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been browsing the web and looking up the Civic on the Whatcar web site and was surprised that it doesn't list the diesel engine as an option any more. It clearly says that the engine options are either the 1.4 or 1.8 petrol.
It used to, but isn't anymore.

I've heard the talk about Honda stopping producing the diesels, this may be a Whatcar insight or they're just wrong currently.

I have been on the Honda site and diesel is still an engine option.
:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I've just been browsing the web and looking up the Civic on the Whatcar web site and was surprised that it doesn't list the diesel engine as an option any more. It clearly says that the engine options are either the 1.4 or 1.8 petrol.
It used to, but isn't anymore.

I've heard the talk about Honda stopping producing the diesels, this may be a Whatcar insight or they're just wrong currently.

I have been on the Honda site and diesel is still an engine option.
:confused:
Try buying a new one. the remaining stock of cars have been swallowed up by leasing companies and the 2.2 cdti diesel hasnt been in production since late last year. The Honda website has never been the most up-to-date at the best of times.

Other than the i-Dtec in the accord and CRV, there will not be another diesel powerplant until the new civic is launched later this year at the earliest.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What is the source of this info?

The official Honda UK site still has it on for £18,890.00OTR. Nothing about it being discontinued...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts