2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy induction kit soon and wondering which one to go for

What u guys recommend is best for price

Had them on all previous 11 cars owned and best by far was k&n typhoon I had on my ep3.
Looked good and sounded amazing........ Is there a similar kit for fd2

I'm more for induction note as to be honest don't get much gains from them, if at all any

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
Speak to andy (lunatick) or have a look through his thread on here. He fitted the hybrid racing cai pal and gave it the thumbs up.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Yep the Hybrid CAI is working very well for me. Before that, I had a Mugen box, which also performed well, especially lower down the rev range. But the Hybrid produces more torque and power from about 4Krpm upwards. It also sounds epic. If you order it direct from Hybrid, you can pick it up for under £300 - well under half the cost of a Mugen box :D

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Did you manage to sell your old mugen box Andy?
Just a option.....

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
No, I have still have the Mugen box here if someone wanted to make me an offer :) I would say that the Mugen box is a good upgrade on a standard or mildly modified engine. For a more heavily modified engine (running hotter cams etc), the Hybrid can deliver a bit of extra power higher up the rev range, albeit at the expense of some low down torque. The plot attached shows what I mean

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
It's a good bit of kit the mugen intake and some people gave it bad press but I have been more than happy with mine. Depends on what you want. I also bought Andy's Scoopin and had a hard pipes made between the scoopin and box and box to tb.It has helped me get near 300bhp with my built k20/24- I'm pretty much maxed out in the current configuration. Making peak power at 7k. So if I do anything else Stuart I may change it if I go cams and 3" exhaust to a hybrid racing. But for me it has worked well to this point.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Yes, the Mugen is a very good bit of kit actually. The Hybrid has help me squeeze a little bit more out of my K20, which is pretty much maxxed out, even with A3 cams. But with a K24 where there's much more power and torque on tap to play with, there's no need to try and wring every last bhp out. Frank has plenty already :)

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Yes, the Mugen is a very good bit of kit actually. The Hybrid has help me squeeze a little bit more out of my K20, which is pretty much maxxed out, even with A3 cams. But with a K24 where there's much more power and torque on tap to play with, there's no need to try and wring every last bhp out. Frank has plenty already :)
Awe- need to be always looking at potential gains ;)

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for recommendations guys but as of recent personal circumstances looks like I'm left with no choice but to reluctantly sell my fd2 so if u know anyone after cw fd2 let them know as will be advertising it soon

·
Mugen wannabe
2,056 Posts
Thanks for recommendations guys but as of recent personal circumstances looks like I'm left with no choice but to reluctantly sell my fd2 so if u know anyone after cw fd2 let them know as will be advertising it soon
Dweezle is looking

sent from my Fisher price

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Oh no. I hope everything works out mate. I was gonna say if your ever in Newcastle I can always let you go in my car as I have the Mugen intake.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
No, I have still have the Mugen box here if someone wanted to make me an offer :) I would say that the Mugen box is a good upgrade on a standard or mildly modified engine. For a more heavily modified engine (running hotter cams etc), the Hybrid can deliver a bit of extra power higher up the rev range, albeit at the expense of some low down torque. The plot attached shows what I mean

I'm interested massively interested trying to save for flash pro at the mo tho :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
:(

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
I'm so tempted to use my flashpro savings ;)
Only thing iv been doing is wondering where the maf sensor would go does the fd2 not have one been zooming in on your photos on the sale thread can't see one :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts