2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls dont shoot me down as im still relatively new to this forum but i would like to put a suggestion out there.

Would there be room for a "whats it worth" section in the for sale area? So that if like me, anyone else were looking to post a thread in the fs section but werent sure how much something is worth they could first ask others for a rough guide price? Whether thats based on the item itself, condition or age etc.

Could be a useful addition, or not i dont know ;)

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
I've been in that boat when selling something. Sometimes you want to gauge what its worth before advertising. But I think having a 'Whats it worth' section will just result in people making offers on stuff and more deals being done by PM.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thats what i mean :) its always useful to get others prices either along with yours or to base yours off if you dont know. As far as offers via PM it shouldnt do though really, not if people followed the rules like majority are doing already, aside from that it would drum up more attention beforehand if anything.

Relic i find searching is okay when its commonly sold items but not when things havent been sold for a while, prices change fast as time goes by and things get older.

Anyway as i say, its just a suggestion that i would find useful [smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
The problem isn't with the suggestion at all as we always try to listen to people's views. But the problem with a 'what's it worth' section is that people will simply trade without following the rules or via PM. It's amazing how many people do that now!. A good way of gauging a selling price is to check places like ebay and other such places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts