2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a March 2012 2.2 EX civic, does anyone know if this car differs from a new 2.2 EX civic (2013)

Do the 2012 EX models have:
DAB Radio , premium audio?
Dusk sensing lights?
Auto dimming rear view mirror?
Parking sensors?

Cheers any help would be great.

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
2013 models have been modified with:

DAB+ Radio
Auto dimming rear view mirror
'Fixed' iMid
No jack or tool kit

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, im new here.
Just to clairfy, the 2012 version EX models will have parking sensors but not a DAB radio?

Can i also asked what 'fixed iMdi' is in relation to iMdi?

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the reply, im new here.
Can i also asked what 'fixed iMdi' is in relation to iMdi?
Honda has updated i-mid with some additional features: when the i-mid is on the instant fuel screen you can now rotate round the sub options without having to stop, handbrake on, and go into the settings. You can now change from tank range, average mpg, average time, etc whilst on the move. (c) kremmen

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh sorry, I understand now what you meant in the previous post. Totally gutted about the DAB radio

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
2013 models have been modified with:

DAB+ Radio
Auto dimming rear view mirror
'Fixed' iMid
No jack or tool kit
Really?!?!

What's Honda rationale for this.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Most cars don't have a spare wheel nowdays (8th gen doesn't) but its the first I've heard of a car not having a jack.

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
Really?!?!

What's Honda rationale for this.
I know - as a result I had to buy the 'new' spare wheel including tool kit. Price now is £190.

I would have kept my old spare but the rubber was 6 years old and they reckon old rubber can be dangerous whether used or not.

It also makes a mockery of the instructions in the manual to periodically 'rotate' the wheels - you can't unless you have your own equipment.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I can understand lack of spare as the cars come with a tire repair kit ..... But no Jack ...... really Honda?

The 8th Gen manual refers to tire rotation ..... Does the 9th gen refer to this? How the hell are you supposed to rotate them without a Jack?

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Most cars don't have a spare wheel nowdays (8th gen doesn't) but its the first I've heard of a car not having a jack.
The wife's new corsa did'nt have a spare wheel (blooming gunk stuff) or a jack

i kicked off a bit saying that i dont want my wife and child stranded by the roadside having to wait for aa man if the tyre is not reparable with the gunk i.e split sidewall

Hey presto new spare wheel and jack/tool kit :cool:

·
Registered
616 Posts
But the jack and tools fit so perfectly in the rear side compartment?
What's in there now in the 2013 then?

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
But the jack and tools fit so perfectly in the rear side compartment?
What's in there now in the 2013 then?
Absolutely nothing. Jack and tools fit in there as normal as the metalwork is still the same to lock the jack in place.

The gunk and associated bits is still in it's new zipped case ala MY12 and that fits into the spare wheel so you can claim some boot space back by not having it strapped to the side (or keep in storage elsewhere).
I'll bet it's partly to do with saving weight for emmisions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was told that they dont come with jack tools etc, looked where they should be and lo and behold there they were, tools and jack, car is 2 weeks old;)

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
I was told that they dont come with jack tools etc, looked where they should be and lo and behold there they were, tools and jack, car is 2 weeks old;)
MY12 or MY13 ?

If you don't ask you will be supplied with a MY12 if stock exists.

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
Wonder why yours came with tools ?

Has there been a change due to complaints ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts