2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the difference is between the two, do they do the same job, look the same etc?

Thanks

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
In addition the polish will buff the surface to give the shine, the wax seals the surface with a fine layer to give the protection.

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
they might look the same but they do very different things. Polish first, then wax second.

what are you using?

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
As above really.

There are loads of different products that are called polish and they all do slightly different things. Some only mask defects such as swirl marks and light scratches whereas others can remove them completely (but only when worked properly and reach the appropriate temperature on a rotary or DA polisher).

Wax or sealant will create a barrier between your nicely masked or corrected paintwork and the elements while giving off a slick shine or some nice depth to the paintwork (depends what you buy all offer different options).

Hope this helps ;)

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As above really.

Wax or sealant will create a barrier between your nicely masked or corrected paintwork and the elements while giving off a slick shine or some nice depth to the paintwork (depends what you buy all offer different options).

Hope this helps ;)
I think I have always used polish, will have a look at some waxes too

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sooo, once a car is polished and waxed....can it be waxed or polished top of the existing applications or does it need clayed to start again?

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Depends on the wax...Some waxes tend to last a little longer.
For example....Collinite is very very durable
I re-wax every 3 to 6 weeks. The average is 6 to 8 weeks

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Depends on the wax...Some waxes tend to last a little longer.
For example....Collinite is very very durable
I re-wax every 3 to 6 weeks. The average is 6 to 8 weeks
and is it very noticable when the body work needs a re-wax?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
hi guys
if the polish is gonna remove slight layer of paint isnt it no good for the paint
can we not use onyl wax than?????

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts