2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just a quick straw poll to see what ball park figure I should be looking for if selling my car privately?

It's an early 2008 model, it's done 81,500 miles, fully stamped service book (although I just had oil and filter done the last time as cai fitted with clean air filter etc. Plus I changed the spark plugs) Previous service included valve timing and new discs and pads on all four corners. All my mods are listed and I'd include them in any sale along with the Flashpro.
It's pretty tidy, a few scratches and marks consistent with age. Nothing needs doing.
It's only failed one MOT back in 2011 for uneven rear brake application :laugh2:

Ta :smile3:

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
I wouldn't take less than £5.5k then mate especially with the bonnet. Doubt the bonnet will add value but will help it sell. Might be worth taking mods off as you'll certainly get over £6k inc bits seperately.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
As above £5800-£6k to the right person. wouldn't go less than £5500.

mines on 60,000 now and i would take less than £5500 for mine

·
Registered
34 Posts
personally i think maybe a wee bit more. the cost of your upgrades prob about 2-3k. I myself had a milano fn2 with 80k without the ,ods in average cond and i got £4800 back. Main reason i sold was cos i was planning loads of upgrades and wanted a better lower mileage base to start with

·
4,279 Posts
Some guy swapping a well specced ep3 for an FN2 on facebook page ;)

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Viewing the prem tomorrow, will be interesting

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And it's gonna be pouring down :umbrella:
Steering rack check, 2nd gear crunch check, heatshield rattle check, slow corner clunk on full lock check.

IF I change, I will get catback, induction kit and lowering springs with camber adjustment. To start :smile3:

·
4,279 Posts
As in checks or the faults were present? :lol:

I can't even make fun for you "downgrading" as I still wish I bought an EP3 to track and DC5 to daily

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To check :wink3:
Cosmic Grey 06 plate 0:)
Less than an hour to go

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Can anyone recommend an hpi check online?
Car felt great, brought back memories. When you change up at the red line it's straight back at vtec kick in at 5900rpm. Comfy and planted.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hpi report all good! Just bank and insurers to ring now.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep. Mot history is OK, usual lights and brakes mostly

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone have a good suggestion about having both insured? Can I have a temp policy for the Fn2 whilst it's being sold?

·
4,279 Posts
Does anyone have a good suggestion about having both insured? Can I have a temp policy for the Fn2 whilst it's being sold?
You can have PAYG insurance but it's not cheap, alternatively you can open another policy and use zero no claims or a multicar policy

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm confused. Do I have to declare a car sorn if I keep it on the drive uninsured?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
You need to make a*SORN*(Statutory Off Road Notification) when you take a vehicle 'off the road' and you want to stop taxing and insuring it. Your vehicle is off the road if you don't keep or use it on a public road, for example if it's in a garage, on a drive or on private land.

From the gov website

1 - 20 of 45 Posts