2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I want a wee look at civinfo I don't wanna log on all the time unless I'm going to post.

This morning when I had a look there's an advert right across the new posts index page.

Is this the way things are happening now, adverts across the pages and every 2nd post in threads is also an advert. Load of piss.

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Lol! Pay to be a member which feeds money to the site and fill it with spam...

Quality of posts and lack of interest from a huge number of the old boys has left the site a bit of a shell compared to how it was anyway so moving on may soon be inevitable.

When was the last time you logged on to see progress to more than say 3 build threads where the thread was buzzing and wasn't just a generic post about "got a gp kit" or my favourite.. Washed the car...

This is the start of hinges to come. It's now a huge resource for outsiders and adverts will work in that aspect.

Just logged out, got the same with an additional 3 adverts at the top for hiring cars or buying a Toyota and one about gumtree selling crap..

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts
I've asked but Admin is on US/Canada time.
I've posted in the other thread too boss but can you see about going back to this also,

Regarding the chat section for paid up members, this chat section used to be visible at all times when browsing any part of the forum, it was always in view at the top of the page when reading various threads etc so you could chat away whilst reading. Now it stopped a while back and not too sure why but it would be great to have that facility back because at the moment the chat section disappears everytime you choose to read a thread/post. Is there anything you can do to sort it, Thanks Wayne:wink:

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
I've posted in the other thread too boss but can you see about going back to this also,

Regarding the chat section for paid up members, this chat section used to be visible at all times when browsing any part of the forum, it was always in view at the top of the page when reading various threads etc so you could chat away whilst reading. Now it stopped a while back and not too sure why but it would be great to have that facility back because at the moment the chat section disappears everytime you choose to read a thread/post. Is there anything you can do to sort it, Thanks Wayne:wink:

Excellent idea! Saves me keeping more than 1 tab open for civinfo

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Adverts for non members are something that has been addressed and explained since the beginning. You had to log in to post this and when you did the ads where not there anymore.

As far as the chat box I will have a poke around today to see if I can sort out what was on here before and what can be added back be it the same or possibly a better version of what you had.

·
Carbon Addict :)
1,434 Posts
Just a few comments from someone who used to run a PC gaming community with over 40000 members.

The adverts that spam up over the front page when you are a non-member and/or haven't logged in will, undoubtedly, put potential members off the forums off.

If you "appear" on the front page of Civinfo as a non-member and a pop up advert for "Mazda" or something appears on the page or you click on the forums as a non-member to see what it's all about before you sign up and you find adverts in thread posts (albeit we signed up members can't) they won't realise that adverts are not the norm for signed up forum members.

Similarly losing the chat box off the top of every page when you are viewing any posts or threads mean that, if you are currently chatting to someone, you lose the ability to read or post in it whilst thread surfing....for what reason? It worked perfectly fine prior to the take-over.....

Don't get me wrong....I'm all for change and advancement but numbers on here WILL dwindle if you tweak too much of what long term members are used to...;-)

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Adverts for non members are something that has been addressed and explained since the beginning. You had to log in to post this and when you did the ads where not there anymore.

I don't wanna be logging in every time I want a quick look at the forum.

So if I don't log in will I have to be dodging and shutting adverts?

The second post advert is fine, it's the one I encountered this morning spread across the index page.

I've also noticed certain words highlighted in some posts and if I touch too close to certain words a new page opens for some advert.

My laptop is redundant and only gets used for things I need it for, but 99% of the time I'm either using my phone or iPad so every time I now come on the forum I'm having to watch where I touch on the screen or I'm being redirected to some advert page.

Not too good tbh.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
You can tell it to keep you logged in. You can also choose to install tapatalk to streamline your view on your phone.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can tell it to keep you logged in. You can also choose to install tapatalk to streamline your view on your phone.

I've posting with tapatalk lol.

Most of the time I just want a look at the index page without having to log on.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts