2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just got on order a new type s and i ordered the ipod adapter

ive been reading how it dosent work though the jog wheel etc so how do they work and how can i make the best solution to get all my songs listed i have 8.6 gb of music

·
Type R Hero
69 Posts
ive just got on order a new type s and i ordered the ipod adapter

ive been reading how it dosent work though the jog wheel etc so how do they work and how can i make the best solution to get all my songs listed i have 8.6 gb of music
I have the Honda iPod adapter and in my opinion it is a waste of money. The only way to play your songs is through Honda1... playlists, no big deal but not elegant. It also does not show track names, just track numbers. Take a look at Pioneer and Kenwood (for example) at how they implement iPod connectivity, this is how it should be done.

This is purely my view others may disagree.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so how a i get the best sound from it then and to see all my songs ive read about dension but seems a con that you cant listen to your ipod when it states you can

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Luckily my dealer allowed me half an hour in their demonstrator with my ipod to decide for myself how rubbish it is. :(

Can't you get out of it and cancel it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
so how a i get the best sound from it then and to see all my songs ive read about dension but seems a con that you cant listen to your ipod when it states you can
Unfortunately I think you're looking for a solution that doesn't exist my friend. None of the off the shelf solutions listed in the Wiki really do everything we want in terms of control from the dash/displaying track info onscreen/charging the ipod - jsut select the solution is the best compromise for you. One thing's for certain - that sure ain't the Honda solution, so if you can cancel that, do so!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ive gone the other way and using a bluetooth system. Beauty is no wires and the ipod / iphone can be placed anywhere in the car even hidden.

It streams to a control and you dont need the radio on.

It comes with a central control so I can change tracks and volume pause etc.

Since it uses bluetooth Ive bought a car phone holder and put that one the dash so i can see track names etc there.

haave a look at www.ioplay.co.uk

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Ive gone the other way and using a bluetooth system. Beauty is no wires and the ipod / iphone can be placed anywhere in the car even hidden.

It streams to a control and you dont need the radio on.

It comes with a central control so I can change tracks and volume pause etc.

Since it uses bluetooth Ive bought a car phone holder and put that one the dash so i can see track names etc there.

haave a look at iO Play - Your Journey, Your Music
The quality of this is pants tho. Go wired all the way, not the honda offical one tho. Look at the Wiki at the options...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts